morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Camanuch,

Thanks for organizing this. Hopefully I can get them to breed in my little tank, free babies to everyone at the swap.

Die Aiptaisa!! ;)

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
proud father

i didn't see any activity but i found a string of babies

Attachments

• nudi 009.jpg
    nudi 009.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 179

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Mine were moving around well last night and then dissappeared into the rock work too which I know is normal so I think they are just waiting for the night-time hunting hour. I'll check tonight with my red flashlight. Congrats on the eggs--would be so cool if they hatch for you. I also ordered some red worm rock and it's lovely--tons of little read feather dusters waving away. When you don't have corals yet, this is great stuff!

johnsonlee42

Advanced Reefer
Mine were kind of just sitting in the same positions that they were last night - they appeared alive but rather sluggish, and didn't really make an attempt to hide. Hopefully they're not dying! That would be fail

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Berghia Nudibranch on the hunt

While New York City sleeps there is a killer on the loose--the Berghia Nudibranch. Yesterday after acclimation, my nudi's climbed into the rock and dissappeared from site, but tonight several aptasia were missing. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe these photos (pardon the quality) are of a nudi about to strike. Looking on one of the LR where I'd placed nudi's, I noticed a very, very tiny thing pretty much blending into the LR and pressed flat and vertical against it. I wasn't sure it was a berghia because last night they were pale, creamy white and had frilly pieces that waved from their back and sides and this thing was really flat and much more colorful. I thought maybe the thing had always been there and was just an encrusting I'd overlooked on the rock, so I went to look at the other side of the tank and when I looked again 5 minutes later, I noticed the tiny thing was now horizontal, not vertical. That's when I noticed the aptasia and that now the critter was directly in front of the aptasia. I had to check my photos on the camera to make sure I was right that the critter had moved from vertical to horizontal. Sure enough it had moved! I'm not sure that this in fact a Berghia, maybe it's just something that appeared, so sending in photos to Saltyunderground to see.

Attachments

• IMG_5423.jpg
    IMG_5423.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5425.jpg
    IMG_5425.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5426.jpg
    IMG_5426.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5427.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5433.jpg
    IMG_5433.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5435.jpg
    IMG_5435.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 173

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
my baby

i haven't seen actual activities on an aptasia , but i saw them move around. i do have have a lot of this little critters on this on rock but i not notice that they're reducing , have my fingers cross . lauriec to me i does look like one of the good guys ,good luck to all

Attachments

• nudi 003.jpg
    nudi 003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 168

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Alas, nope, Lisa at Saltyunderground, just got back. Critter is not a berghia. Some other little night-time scavenger. Must have come in on some LR. He's a good guy, just not berghia. Still, an aptasia or two were missing so they must be working. I think Bertdog's photo is a berghia.

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
No worries, I thought so too. I was so excited last night to have got one in a photo. mysterieous little guys. Sorry to read about your coral, new salt mix scare, but so glad everyone opened back up! By the way, could I send my sump/fuge plans to you for advice? If so do you want to PM an email?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: