• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Deanos said:
I'm sure with enough of them, they'd be plenty strong for an 820. However, this statement scares me: "They are also completely weatherproof." :scratch:
Weatherproof is far from waterproof..

Definitely seems like they're hedging just a bit. I agree, there is a huge difference between weatherproof and waterproof. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using the same material jh suggested. I will give them a shout out tomorrow. I'll see if they're willing to commit.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Bump for a great DIY component. They are great magnets for making a frag rack and mounting it just about anywhere in your tank you want. Opens up a LOT of possibilites for valuable unused 'real estate'.

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Rare earth magnets, great for the DIY'er.

I'll be placing this order Friday. We'll need a few more 'daring' members to join in on this to make it worthwhile for shipping (not that it's expensive anyway). Come on guys, great for various projects.

Jim, Janey, still in?

Russ

If anybody else is interested, I can bring them to the swap.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Ok Jim, Janey, seems interest in these magnets is limited to the three of us. I'm putting in the order this week. I'd like to do it on Wednesday. If you guys are still in I'll PM you your share plus splitting the shipping.

Please just post here on the thread that you're interested and we can go for the 25 count. I'll buy the extra ones needed. I seem to continually need them for various projects.

It's a shame nobody else wants in. They are really a great tool for mounting frag racks and powerheads. Anyway, just post and I'll follow up with you.

Thanks guys,
Russ

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Definitely seems like they're hedging just a bit. I agree, there is a huge difference between weatherproof and waterproof. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using the same material jh suggested. I will give them a shout out tomorrow. I'll see if they're willing to commit.

Russ

Did they commit? :scratch:

dannyl

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Masterswimmer!! Im pretty new here and I like to say that this site had help me a lot. I notice the earth magnets you use in your tank and have been looking into getting some myself. I would like to get like 8 to start with. :biggrin: How much would that be with shipping?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Deanos said:
Did they commit? :scratch:

Dean, yes they did commit. Here's his quote to me:

< quote >
Hi Russ,

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, the epoxy coating will hold up in saltwater. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Kevin

< quote >

Hope this helps Deano.

Russ

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
aaron23 said:
hmm those look pretty neat deanos

Yep...
thumbs-up.jpg

dannyl

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im sorry masterswimmer, is it possible that I can change my order for the same ammount but for the B666BR. Those would be more easier to place in my tank right? :idea:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
dannyl said:
:) ok i'll stick with the original order.

Sounds good Danny.

NOTE TO ALL:
I will be closing this order tonight at about 1am. I will call the vendor tomorrow for totals and let you all know the pricing as soon as I hear back from them, at which point I'll notify everyone of paypal amounts due.

Thanks,
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: