• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
lfsmarineguy said:
A lot of those prices are extremely under wholesale and it just doesn't sound kosher. If they are so reputable why are they posted on clist and not on their own site?

Other than the acrylic tank prices, everything looks pretty close to the "true" wholesaler prices I get every now and then. Don't know where you are buying fish and live goods from but you may want to talk to these people:biggrin:

Guys, you need to factor in the following when doing a group order from a wholesaler:

1. Large amount of the stuff that you'll receive will probably not meet your expectation. When ordering this stuff, you don't get to see and pick what you like. Depending on the person picking and packing, you may get crap they won't sent to one of their regular accounts. (hay Jung and David, remember those $15 achilles tangs we got from Hawaii?:lol: )

2. DOA (Dead On Arrival), you will have DOA's in each order, this is the nature of the business. All the animals will be extremely stressed when they arrive in LAX from points of collection, all the wholesalers wants to do once there is to change out the water and move them onto another plane to the LFS. You will end up with DOAs, there is no way around it. You guys need to set the rules on who will be eating the cost, this place is probably not going to credit you with anything being you are not a "regular" account.

3. Logistic. when and where everyone will meet up to get the fish. This always seems to be a problem with the group buys I seen here, however, these fish\live goods will be extremely stressed when they land in JFK (I don't know why someone suggested LGA, there is NO direct flights from LAX to JFK) and needs to be in clean, warm, fresh water. An extra hour in the bag can mean a world of difference to live goods vs. DOA. It is not like a bag of reef plugs where I can wait to pick up from Paul when I feel like it (thanks for delivering my plugs :) ).

I'll post here when my friend in LA checked the place out. Hope the group buy works out for you guys if you do decide to go ahead with it!:thrash:

You guys will see Ronen is not making a killing selling his stuff, maybe enough to fix up his car, but for sure he is not running out to buy a new car from his little business.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
inkblue said:
taKe a lo0k at thiS:

US Airways Cargo

:idea::wink1::tongue1:

Not a good way to get to NYC, it will be making one or two stops on USAir.

Best bet is AA or UA, they have multiple flights thru out the day so the chances of getting to JFK the same day or overnight is much better. Delta sucks too..

Looks like they can't ship counter to counter, who ever calls should ask them if they are TSA approved shipper on any airline, if not, don't waste your time waiting for him to become one. Not everyone can drop off a box at the airport to ship across the country after 9/11.

Myopia

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google Earth anyone? I'd do it but my wee laptopw ould overheat. Anyways if its real and I couls scrape up some money Id be willing to buy a 180 G just hope their quality is good.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Here is the report after a physical check of the place this afternoon:

"Pierce, I went to the store today after work. According to the old guy sitting in a busted car seat on the floor, it's an old family store, 15+ years that some of the younger grandkids and cousins are running the online business out of. The store for the most part, was very old and nothing in it. Everything you are looking at is dropshiped from the wholesale houses or manufacturers. All saltwater animals are shipped this way also. Not sure that's a good thing, but that is how they are getting the prices so low. No overhead of stocking them instore."

griMReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WingoAgency said:
Oops. Did not see it.

Well in that case may be you guys can wait for my own dry product order to go thru first and see how good the company is.

Wingo, if you are going to Buy wholesale, Why not establish a legit account with wholesaler(s) of a reputable industry repoir? rather than gow through some livestock transshippers' grandkids? others here have indicated they got wholesalers connections too, but are vague... you are at an advantage since you have a storefront already for distribution and stuff.

i still have a wholesale account with 1 or 2 sw wholesalers, but would NOT be allowed to use it for a group buy, by the other officer. they are big, reputable companies. on the west coast though.

i would suggest you open a bona-fide wholesale account. since you are now reselling from your storefront (your club) anyway. all they require is a copy of your NYS tax certificate and you specify whether you are selling aquaria livestock under your name/pet shop name, or a corporation.

heck maybe you could split your club into an aquarium shop or a bona-fide "Aquarium Buying Group". just a thought since you are taking on the burden of buying wholesale with the DOA margin issues and all?

let me know and i would provide you the link. the specials this week or month are like:
:shhh:
Coral Beauty 7.95
CBB 6.95
TR Percula Clown (12-lot) @ 5.99
2" Super Crocea Clam (12-lot) @9.95
Flame Angel 19.95
Green Chromis 1.15
Clown Tang 9.95
Yellow Tang 7.95
Sebae Anemone 7.75
Cultivated Acropora Colony $27.95
Nano Acropora $19.95
and so on. wholesalers usually have minimum order $500 M-W, and $250+ T-F. they usually accept plastic and usually ship via airlines FOB (pay at counter unless you have a shippers account).

good luck,

grim.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
griMReefer said:
Wingo, if you are going to Buy wholesale, Why not establish a legit account with wholesaler(s) of a reputable industry repoir? rather than gow through some livestock transshippers' grandkids? others here have indicated they got wholesalers connections too, but are vague... you are at an advantage since you have a storefront already for distribution and stuff.

i still have a wholesale account with 1 or 2 sw wholesalers, but would NOT be allowed to use it for a group buy, by the other officer. they are big, reputable companies. on the west coast though.

i would suggest you open a bona-fide wholesale account. since you are now reselling from your storefront (your club) anyway. all they require is a copy of your NYS tax certificate and you specify whether you are selling aquaria livestock under your name/pet shop name, or a corporation.

heck maybe you could split your club into an aquarium shop or a bona-fide "Aquarium Buying Group". just a thought since you are taking on the burden of buying wholesale with the DOA margin issues and all?

let me know and i would provide you the link. the specials this week or month are like:
Coral Beauty 7.95
CBB 6.95
TR Percula Clown (12-lot) @ 5.99
2" Super Crocea Clam (12-lot) @9.95
Flame Angel 19.95
Green Chromis 1.15
Clown Tang 9.95
Yellow Tang 7.95
Sebae Anemone 7.75
Cultivated Acropora Colony $27.95
Nano Acropora $19.95
and so on. wholesalers usually have minimum order $500 M-W, and $250+ T-F. they usually accept plastic and usually ship via airlines FOB (pay at counter unless you have a shippers account).

good luck,

grim.

OK send me the link use email since MY PM may be full any moments

My boss would be Ok witht he idea to use part of the basement for that since it is vacent now and just colellecting garbage for real

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
:dead:
Ok, I changed my mode of operation here. No more group buy. I am now a part time vendor of live rocks who can order live stock along with my regular order. All stuff comes in same day or next day air. Check my links in vendor sales for stuff you wanna get and those who have originally wanted to join me for this group buy will get below the price I posted for your trust and support.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
WingoAgency said:
Ok, I changed my mode of operation here. No more group buy. I am now a part time vendor of live rocks who can order live stock along with my regular order. All stuff comes in same day or next day air. Check my links in vendor sales for stuff you wanna get and those who have originally wanted to join me for this group buy will get below the price I posted for your trust and support.

Then start puttin these posts in the vendors forum where they belong.

griMReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WingoAgency said:

awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: