scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
the uo(un-ided object) looks like a baby rbta to me too. i am in no way an expert but that was the first thing that popped into my head when looking @ that pic.

a good way to remove anemones from a rock. is to take the rock out of the tank and put it upside down so only the anemone is in the water and the foot is in contact w/ air. this will cause the anemone to remove itself from the rock. i don't know how easy this would be w/ such a small anemone but it's worth a try. also remember to keep the rock as moist as possible to cause very little die off. this method worked for me but the rbta was at least 3".

green grape does attach and can be a pain to remove. i think your solution to keeping it isolated is ok. but maybe someone w/ more knowledge on macro can help you out.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here is my little hitchhiker again :) He expelled his stomach and then sucked it back in. Sorry for the grainy picture. Had to work fast.

Attachments

• tank pk 032.jpg
    tank pk 032.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 167

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
grape calupera will attach to the rocks very well.

if you want a little color in the tank okay, but be very careful with it.

trim it all the time and do not let it get on all the rocks, it has the tendancy to grow out of control then die all at once which will mess with your system.
Randy/Pratt Reef keeps a seahorse tank full of different macro algaes he should be able to tell you about their care.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: