Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would be willing to help put a beginners FAQ together. Stuff like required supplies, suggested equipment, etc.

We could also create the FAQ in three or four parts: Setting up your reef, Stocking your tank, Problems and troubleshooting...

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What about later this evening I start the three threads. We would need one of the mods to edit it later to remove any fluff or repeated information, otherwise it can end up being a pretty long thread for someone to go through.

-Alfred

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It would probably be better if the FAQ was done off the board first, then compiled into a comprehensive board. The problem when you start a thread is that way too many people chime in again making it quite messy.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Another thought i had was to have a list of suppliers in the area. How many times do people post asking where to get acrylic, glass, eggcrate, filter socks, plumbing parts etc?
I think it would be a valuable resource of local knowledge for everyone.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
HOuse the patience goes to the padawan and the youngling. A Jedi Knight and a Jedi Master have already learned patience and incorporated it into their lives, hence the titles of knight and master bestowed upon them. Patience is a big part of the trials it is in fact the most important part because without patience there is no task within the trials that can be accomplished.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
LOL Tony I have seen every star wars movie on opening night since the original Empire Stikes Back. I Take days off for major star wars events. Except for the new movie in the new trilogy (which is getting up there already) I have seen the movies at least 2000 times each. I block out entire days now and watch all 6 movies in a row. I have read every comic and book in the star wars universe. I am a Star Wars Geek. They guys at work ask me to quote lines from the movies when they need one to prove a point. And yes Chris is a youngling but he's moving to Padawan in a little while, I have forseen it.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
A large FAQ file will be posted shortly. Everything will be compiled into sections from the obvious to the intricate. It will start from Basic setup, Required equipment, Water parameters, Basic husbandry, setup from FO (fish only), FOWLR (fish only with live rock), Reef tanks (Corals, LPS, Softies,and SPS) and choosing compatible fish for all setups (basic do's and dont's).

Thanks,

Kasei

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: