clarionreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard Charles wether you know it or not!
I especially liked the comment about how all it takes to get the P.R. benefit of being an AMDA member is send em a check.
Somebody find this guy and get him to speak more!
Steve

Kalkbreath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again, almost everything in Mr, Divitos paper is pure fluff.........{quote}According to the findings of the Coral Reef Task Force, “..estimates are that 10% of all coral reefs are degraded beyond recovery; 30% are in critical condition and may die within 10 to 20 years… And if current pressures continue unabated, another 30% may perish completely by 2050.â€

Kalkbreath

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PeterIMA":261iu5tp said:
KalK, Your aggrevation factor just went up. I think if you read my posting said I was there and saw it for myself. However, in reply to the question of time for the coral reef community to regenerate, I mentioned peer reviewed scientific papers. It is kind of like evolution, there is plenty of evidence, but we are not going be able to to see the process happening (because of the time scale being protracted).

When are you going to post or publish all of the pictures you must have taken on your trips to the Red Sea and Indonesia of all those cyanided reefs you supposedly observed first hand?
...........Please tell us what you saw and why did you not take any photos? It seem quite an easy study to find a recent cyanide bleached coral head.....mark its location and follow up with a vist two years latter? Has coral been reclaimed by new colonies? Is it covered in hair algae? .........................This type of data has been carried out many times in Hawaii with the Lava flows {into the sea and over the live coral.} coral recovery tracking has also been traked in the Great Barrier Reef with the Crown of thorns and also ,the Bleachings in The Maldives Islands........All of these areas recover with full coral coverage within years......Why is it that the Philippine reefs are different? and why has so little proof been offered as to the destuction of the reefs there? If the distruction is sooo great, why has not green peace or Mac Or anyone else shown this destruction in vivid detail to the world? I say, its because like the Big Foot ..........it does not really exists, nearly as much as we want it to...........

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: