Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don't understand how it's "politics" to point out to the members how the organization is breaking the law. Like when Steve Kennedy was trying to take the org's domain names and sent the email to me instead of Andy Rhyne. Will said some incredibly ugly things to me when I tried to tell the members what was going on. What did I stand to gain (isn't that how you figure politics)? But in the end, I sure think the members would want to know that people are trying to come along and take things that they own, whether it's with the knowledge of the appointed caretakers or not. But maybe not. The "members" "voted" to give away the website. So what do I know?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't try to understand Luis's logic, you'll just end up banging your head against the wall.

Rook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummfish":3fg23dlj said:
I The "members" "voted" to give away the website. So what do I know?

Did they? That is not how I would interpret that ambiguous mess of a statement that "they" voted on.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there no public announcement about how to get authorized to see this hidden forum?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I wanted to see what the administrator was saying about me after she removed me from the membership, so I paid the $ to see what was in the private forum. I was really floored. At this point, I knew I was used, but it caught me off guard to find out what I found out.

But, I can't see an announcement outside of the private forum "vote".

I have a few small websites that are for our local club. I pay for the domain. $12 bucks. Are there other big expenses they need money for?

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt anyone can see what you are talking about. If you'd like us to see it then you'll have to cut and paste.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a related note...I received an email from Luis Magnasco this evening...

Matt,

I am concerned about your recent removal of your pics in our message board,replacing them with a funny sign.
While this might look as some foolish,childish action; I take it as a serious attempt to damage the quality of our data base and as such very objectionable.
I ask you to reconsider your action and put the pics back.Please take the following into consideration:
Damaging a breeding MB will not promote the development of others;on the contrary,the whole breeding community is affected by actions like this.
While you are affecting the MB,you are primarily damaging your own thread,your own intellectual creature,which will still remain there as long as this MB keeps operating.Like destroying your own house in protest against your mayor.
You were reincorporated to our community with full posting rights.You could therefore bring any issue you might have for the consideration of the new authorities instead of launching this "protest".
And lastly,you never undertook such an action when MOFIB was ruled by the Corp.and it´s BOD.Must I take this attack to our free MB as a personal offense?.

Luis.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":25yrakq7 said:
I have a few small websites that are for our local club. I pay for the domain. $12 bucks. Are there other big expenses they need money for?

When Luis and John locked me out while on vacation in 2009 and lied to the members telling them I had resigned, MOFIB's monthly hosting was probably $15. At that time there were maybe a dozen domain variations, so maybe $150 in annual renewals there. That was IT. There was also multiple partnerships (eg. Amazon) that generated revenues to more or less cover these costs.

At the most basic of the basic levels, I incorporated MOFIB on the grounds that should I get hit by a bus, the org could continue and it would have the means to keep itself going (as a private personal site I felt it was inappropriate to solicit funds). There was no such thing as "paid membership" and "dues" when I was thrown out!

Thus has been a neverending clusterfck from the moment I had to call for John's resignation due to his misteps as a BOD member. My fault for thinking John Lauth was a trustworthy person. My fault for trusting Magnasco to even understand the fact that he signed papers of incorporation in the first place, and what that meant. This will continue to be an unabated mess until it just dies..but it refuses to die.

If Luis Magnasco an apparent doctor, is suddenly too financially burdened to keep MOFIB running...well...as I wrote time and again, the solution remains "shut it down" and give it to a legit NPO to archive:

mwp":25yrakq7 said:
Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 am
If Luis is smart, he will seek to find a not-for-profit or non-profit organization willing to overtake the stewardship responsibilities that have been thrust upon him, basically righting the wrong of what the board has done. I'm not sure what legal ramifications exist for taking possession of assets that, in my loose legal understanding, can't be divested to a private person.

Also...

[email protected]":25yrakq7 said:
[Now the current trend seems to be taking MOFIB private. Why Luis was suggested I'm not totally sure. He had taken over the moderators but had no other ties or reasoning I could see. Both Amie and I had offered as well. Maybe it was a coup

What do you think now?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mwp":2h06ydsa said:
Please do bring all to the light of day because the BOD that elected to hand corporate assets to a private individual really needs to see what is going on now...

Paid membership
by Luis A M » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Dear members,
We have been running our MB for some time now as a free website,without a BOD,corp.status,bylaws nor legal issues,and most important,without politics
Despite some pesimistic forecast,we are doing pretty well with our free, friendly Marine Breeders Site.For this,I must thank our members for the trust and support given.
Now there is a question that you are entitled to answer in this poll.Do you want to keep paying membership fees to cover the expenses,or should we end with the supporting members category,bringing all registered members to the same level?
Luis

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mwp":2l5a5j7r said:
On a related note...I received an email from Luis Magnasco this evening...

Matt,

I am concerned about your recent removal of your pics in our message board,replacing them with a funny sign.
While this might look as some foolish,childish action; I take it as a serious attempt to damage the quality of our data base and as such very objectionable.
I ask you to reconsider your action and put the pics back.Please take the following into consideration:
Damaging a breeding MB will not promote the development of others;on the contrary,the whole breeding community is affected by actions like this.
While you are affecting the MB,you are primarily damaging your own thread,your own intellectual creature,which will still remain there as long as this MB keeps operating.Like destroying your own house in protest against your mayor.
You were reincorporated to our community with full posting rights.You could therefore bring any issue you might have for the consideration of the new authorities instead of launching this "protest".
And lastly,you never undertook such an action when MOFIB was ruled by the Corp.and it´s BOD.Must I take this attack to our free MB as a personal offense?.

Luis.

I love your sign. Did you use the same sign for every photo? How did you do that?

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think MOFIB has booted me. I can't tell for sure because I can't, of course, read the private message that presumably tells me that they've booted me since I have no access to private messages. Thank goodness Luis removed all the politics from the site. Well, he must have. He said so, right?

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny. I still get the emails telling me I have PMs. I can't even log in to check to see if I can see them any more. Bummer, eh? Yeah, not really. I feel ... free.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your website you have on your signature there still refers people to MOFIB. Good info on your site...

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. 'Tis still a work in progress. Organizing the photos is lots of work. I fixed the gaffe. Thanks.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":ds3uxdw0 said:
I love your sign. Did you use the same sign for every photo? How did you do that?

It is a hot linking block redirect - I am simply no longer willing to foot the bill through my hosting payments to allow MOFIB to freely display my personal, copy-written content. The message delivered instead speaks to that effect, though more concisely. I have not altered the MOFIB database in any way, I have simply relenquished the privilege of allowing the marinebreeder website to load content from my server and show my content for free (which in turn is paid for by me in my personal hosting bill). It is abundantly obvious to me that nothing has changed (see above).

So long as the assets of MOFIB the corporation remain divested to a PRIVATE entity (flat out wrong, against bylaws and possibly law), I will play no part in supporting the community in ANY fashion. I will not be intimidated by a "dictator" who fails to see that MOFIB has long since become irrelevant due to corruption and mismanagement, let alone is now perpetuating the corruption and mismanagement anew.

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really is the freeing part for me. I spent so many years and so much effort trying to figure out a way to get back what we had there. Now I _really_ don't have to worry about it any more. I knew it intellectually years ago, of course. Now it's right there emotionally, too.

And that's exactly the reasoning behind why I blocked my own content. I'm really not so into paying my own money to support a cause I long ago stopped believing in. If I'd only realized that I could selectively block content sooner....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: