5190238587_9cb811cfc5_b.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
niiice is that the stock lighting ?

Nope, that lighting in that picture was just:

x2 Blue led strip
x2 MR11 12V 10 SMD LED
x1 Coralife Mini Compact Fluorescent 50/50 Bulb

On other news though, I finally finshed my LED mod using 4/4 CREE XP-E RB/CREE XP-G CW. Time to finally stock this baby with some coral. :smokin:

5411758953_e6820790ed_b.jpg

5410898077_470dcc75e8_b.jpg

5410898085_0e2c5d1c09_b.jpg

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Had some LED issues so I'm now running a Nova Extreme T5 setup on my Edge. Also added on a Koralia Nano 240.

Bulbs are a 460nm actinic and I believe a 12000K daylight (TruLumen). The frags I have (Paly, Zoa, GSP) seem to be liking it so far.

I kinda lost the stock look of the tank but that's not a huge deal - I'll get it back once I try the LED route again :)

Just a cellphone pic, I'll get some better pics with my DSLR later.
edge1.jpg

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
you guys are my nano heroes!! i'm brand new to nanos and saltwater.just started my cycling today w/LR ans LS. i have stock lighting at the moment (blew my budget getting started,:banghead:) Any tips? i'm here to learn. i learn fast and well. also after reading else where around the net i was almost panicked into thinking there was no fish i could keep,but you guys have shown me different. what process did you use? how long before adding hearty fish to help the cycle (if that's the case) ? inexpensive lighting ideas? i am a blank page ,fill me with info or cool insider tips or tricks. This site remains the best i've seen!

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
@yah-the submariner - as for cycling I did mine fishless and just live rock and sand plus cocktailshrimp. Mine cycled for about 3 weeks since I got live rock and sand.
As for lighting, There are MR 11 LEDs you can use and just add those blue strip lights for a cheap fix but will probably be not strong enough for corals.
You can add the coralife 50/50 bulb for better light. Coverage though is not that good with a stock hood.

@Bryce&mandy - Those are 5050 car dome leds from ebay.
I'm getting rid of the led fixture that is placed outside the hood if you are interested since I did another light fixture using powerbrites.

Got the itch again for a light fixture remodel since i got a good deal on powerbrites.
This model is the white and blue mix strip over the edge and my DIY acrylic arm from some scraps I bought at an acrylic store.
I also attached 2 PC fans to be put in use in the summer months to cool the tank down.
Without further ado, here are the pics of the new light set up...
P1080201.jpg

P1080202.jpg

P1080203.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: