• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I got a new(for me) used toy from Nuch in the mail Last 11/28:wink1:
P1050432-1.jpg

Unboxing
P1050434.jpg

P1050435.jpg

Out of the box
P1050436.jpg

I finally had the time to have it installed a couple of nights back and all pumped up at 2am in the morning. But sadly it has a bad head unit. :(
The clock/timer does not progress forward and is stuck in the time you input in it.
He says it still under warranty so I'm waiting for him to have it processed so I can get a working head Unit.

Installed a little frag rack in tank to hold and grow out some new stuff.
P1100841.jpg

P1050460.jpg

Some new stuff in tank.
Cat's Eye
P1100855-1.jpg

Piget Paly top view
P1100836.jpg

Top shot on the grow out frag rack
P1100829.jpg

P1100827.jpg

The YCG's new hangout spot
P1050462.jpg

Branched rock with shrooms
P1050461.jpg

Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Looking good Jeff. Love the new additions and it was great seeing this tank in person.
Thanks for the frags too. They are doing well. I will post pics as soon as I take some.

Reefkeeper Lite - tempting................ :)

Edge

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Thanks Jeremy.

Here are some pics of the tank now.
Sad to say but my Rastas and Clementines are goners. It has me baffled as all other corals are doing ok in tank. All of a sudden they just swelled up, closed eventually and shrunk into oblivion.
Anyway here goes the pics.
P1110169.jpg

P1110165.jpg

P1110159.jpg

P1110162.jpg

P1110161.jpg

The New RKL head Unit just came in from nuch and is already installed.
I'll be working on an auto doser for the 2 part using the RKL and aqualifters.
P1110167.jpg

P1110168.jpg

I got an extra frag of GSP so If anybody needs one just hit me up. Its for free.

Last edited:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
OMG...no wonder why you're contemplating the upgrade...lmao...your edge is as overloaded as my ADA right now...please DO NOT go out and buy chaeto...I have literally half of the 30g filled top to bottom and side to side with an enormous wad of it...you're welcome to as much as you need for your fuge for the new build...and I seriously want to do the build party either the end of this month or beginning of next month. I'm literally dying to set up a larger reef and it's a great way to celebrate my birthday too!

Btw...how's your little princess doing? Baby pics? Cherish her every moment...they grow entirely too fast...

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
OMG...no wonder why you're contemplating the upgrade...lmao...your edge is as overloaded as my ADA right now...please DO NOT go out and buy chaeto...I have literally half of the 30g filled top to bottom and side to side with an enormous wad of it...you're welcome to as much as you need for your fuge for the new build...and I seriously want to do the build party either the end of this month or beginning of next month. I'm literally dying to set up a larger reef and it's a great way to celebrate my birthday too!

Btw...how's your little princess doing? Baby pics? Cherish her every moment...they grow entirely too fast...
I finally took the edge down as another MR member took over the tank already.
I got some pics of my little one staring over the tank before I started taking it down.
She just loves staring over it while she is in her play yard in the living room.
I just said to her daddy is building a bigger better tank.:wink1:

Looks amazing man, I love your edge and how it looks so full. And the frag racks are tiny but great haha.
Thanks. I just hate having frag plugs scattered all over the sand bed.
The hermits just keep walking over and knocking up some of them.

It just keeps getting better and better!!!
Thanks man. Unfortunately I had to take the tank down.:(

Here is a last look before taking the tank down.
P1110480.jpg

My Daughter saying goodbye to the little edge reef. We'll see you again in your new home.
P1110487.jpg

I just have the livevstock stored temporarily in the sump for the new system.
Just waiting for all parts to come in to continue the new build.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Can't believe how big your daughter got!!!

Your edge was probably the best I have seen..I can only imagine how great your next tank will be..how big will it be btw? I have a 20 gallon aio I got from another member but haven't decided if to set it up
Wingo has a new upgraded light with controller..contemplating if to get it or get a second aio cube..I cant deal with sumps and stuff until I move and have room for my dream tank.. :)

Good luck with new build..

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
They do grow fast.
Looks like she's liking reef tanks as she do spend a lot of time staring at it from her playpen. She hardly does that on the freshwater 20long I have.

Thanks for the compliment on the edge.
It was fun having it set up and watching it grow but there will come a time when one will be wanting something more (as if that ends in this hobby:wink1:)
The edge is a great little tank but I think time has come that its limitations have kept up with me already.
A new light with all the bells and whistles may be great but if your current one works fine why replace it?
Maybe a new AIO will be better. But why not set up the one you already have?

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I will be setting up the AIO I already have but was contemplating getting another one to transfer everything from the Edge. I know I can just transfer the Edge to my current AIO but I custom made a stand that can hold 2 tanks so I wanted two..lol..it never ends.

I may have to get a custom AIO made. Looking for dimensions of 17(L)x 20(D)x 10(H)..
Still undecided...lol

Good luck!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: