stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
IS350. Test drive one. Make sure is AWD

Im sorry but this car is a total rip in my book. I just don't understand the fasination of these cars on here. Lexus and toyota are total junk to me. The really have no idea how to make a car feel sporty(LFA is exempt of course). I really don't like jap cars at all except maybe for nissan and infinti, they have grown on me and really have come out with some solid cars. I would much rather get a g37 awd. If you can afford it, the A5 is a great car. One of the best looking cars out there. Its around the same price as the IS350 with the 3.2 in it. The IS is a chicks car in my book. Its so damn ugly it looks like its squshed in the back or something.

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i hate audi. i know way too many people who owned an audi that blew up on them. i dont know alot about them but i hate them. my buddy had one, i dont know what one, the twin turbo one. the 6 maybe? i dont know, but i do know it had 32,000 miles on it and blew up while he was driving. some belt broke and the car was finished...
the audi cannot hold miles. after 70+ there done, for the most part. i heard most of the newer ones out there are made better but whatever.

infiniti is sharp in my book. even a 2006+ g35, all black, black wheels, black tinted lights and tinted windows...now thats hot. plus i like it better then the 350z seeing its more luxury, and has 2 back seats. might only fit a infant but still, it has them. and they are fun to drive. i almost bought one before i got my evo. i was ready to sign papers for one until the dealership told me they would only give me 11000 for my 2009 ford sport trac with 7000 miles.

bmw is nice. if you found an older m3 or something that would be the only way to go in my book. all the others look nice and sharp but have no power.

even though they are not as crazy looks as alot of others, i dont care but the lincoln v8 ls was a fast car. that v8 was crazy. my buddy had one and if he wanted to he could SMOKE those tires off.

the lexus i like. the is350 to me is nice. that front bumper made it sharper, but i wish they added more to it. its fast though, my friend had one and it was a quite yet crazy fast car. the problem i had with it was that it just did not feel like anything. it was kind of boring to drive. when you stepped on it it TOOK OFF and could beat any v8 mustangs stock, but it felt like you were just putting around.

the lotus is nice. always been nice. thats a super car in my book. i love it. small motor, yet weight is NOTHING and can have a ball with it. the elise is possible to find for around 25k.

i think the newer wrx is luxury looking. all blacked out and that is a sporty luxury car. very nice looking.

heck to me even a new muscle car is luxury looking. black anything out like a new challenger, stang, camaro, those american muscle cars can be luxury looking as well.

what else are you thinking about...?

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm open to suggestion. I do like the American Muscle cars.. but IMO, they're just not a daily driver. Especially in NY. RWD + lots of horsepower + snow/ice = no fun.

To be honest, Infiniti is the highest on my list right now.. To me, it's a good mix of fun and luxury. Nothing crazy in either category, but it's more practical. Not as "showy" as BMW/Mercedes/etc. Even a G35 sedan would be fine (wish that body style stuck around a little longer..)...

The "only" coupe I'm considering is the Audi A5, although I haven't seen one for less than $37K in the mileage I need. It's such a sexy car. That's really my styling. I'm not looking for anything over the top or "look at me"... but if you take a second look, you realize "that's a nice car".. that kind of deal.

Not a whole lot will make me turn my head anymore. I saw a GTR and a Red Ferrari yesterday, and Porsche 911 Turbo today (LOL....not even close to my budget) The only other car that made me turn my head was an F150 lighting. You don't see those too often. (Not something I'd buy, but still grabs my attention).

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i hate audi. i know way too many people who owned an audi that blew up on them. i dont know alot about them but i hate them. my buddy had one, i dont know what one, the twin turbo one. the 6 maybe? i dont know, but i do know it had 32,000 miles on it and blew up while he was driving. some belt broke and the car was finished...
the audi cannot hold miles. after 70+ there done, for the most part. i heard most of the newer ones out there are made better but whatever.

infiniti is sharp in my book. even a 2006+ g35, all black, black wheels, black tinted lights and tinted windows...now thats hot. plus i like it better then the 350z seeing its more luxury, and has 2 back seats. might only fit a infant but still, it has them. and they are fun to drive. i almost bought one before i got my evo. i was ready to sign papers for one until the dealership told me they would only give me 11000 for my 2009 ford sport trac with 7000 miles.

bmw is nice. if you found an older m3 or something that would be the only way to go in my book. all the others look nice and sharp but have no power.

even though they are not as crazy looks as alot of others, i dont care but the lincoln v8 ls was a fast car. that v8 was crazy. my buddy had one and if he wanted to he could SMOKE those tires off.

the lexus i like. the is350 to me is nice. that front bumper made it sharper, but i wish they added more to it. its fast though, my friend had one and it was a quite yet crazy fast car. the problem i had with it was that it just did not feel like anything. it was kind of boring to drive. when you stepped on it it TOOK OFF and could beat any v8 mustangs stock, but it felt like you were just putting around.

the lotus is nice. always been nice. thats a super car in my book. i love it. small motor, yet weight is NOTHING and can have a ball with it. the elise is possible to find for around 25k.

i think the newer wrx is luxury looking. all blacked out and that is a sporty luxury car. very nice looking.

heck to me even a new muscle car is luxury looking. black anything out like a new challenger, stang, camaro, those american muscle cars can be luxury looking as well.

what else are you thinking about...?

Lots of people hate on audi, and thats fine by me. Like I said everyone has their opinion. I can tell you that yes, the 2.7t v6 twin turbo is one of the most unreliable cars you can buy out there(thats what I drive go figure). But since replacing this with the 4.2 v8 in the 2005 and up models, the newer Audis are very reliable. Its the older ones such as 2000-2002 s4's and a6's Mostly s4s since they are always beat to hell.

The a5 is one of the best looking cars out there. Its to bad that its a bit overpriced for what it is. And the s5 at about 50 grand is just plan ridiculous. Its mostly due to the fact that the Euro is woth more then the Dollar. So most of the European car prices went up.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Lots of people hate on audi, and thats fine by me. Like I said everyone has their opinion. I can tell you that yes, the 2.7t v6 twin turbo is one of the most unreliable cars you can buy out there(thats what I drive go figure). But since replacing this with the 4.2 v8 in the 2005 and up models, the newer Audis are very reliable. Its the older ones such as 2000-2002 s4's and a6's Mostly s4s since they are always beat to hell.

The a5 is one of the best looking cars out there. Its to bad that its a bit overpriced for what it is. And the s5 at about 50 grand is just plan ridiculous. Its mostly due to the fact that the Euro is woth more then the Dollar. So most of the European car prices went up.

lol i have to disagree on the A5 be a great looking car, and im a big audi fan (waterfest is the even that i look foreword to every year and H20 :splitspin) but the new body styles then been producing are all huge and heavy the A5 is basically a a6 2 door lol they even weigh almost the same. it suck that they wont be changing things up for at least 2-3 years, the only thing they have that i love right now is the 8....but thats slightly out of my price range lol

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

yeah i heard they changed the motor and now its suppost to be much better. and im not saying audi's are not nice, because some newer audi's are very nice looking... just older ones that i know people had ended up blowing up. and the a5, if im thinking of the right audi, is very nice too. i think i know someone with one... thats the one with those led day lights right? my dentist drives one. very nice car. he has one in black, with lightly tinted windows and ill admit, i did a double look first time i saw it lol. but again, thats my dentist, who is around 50 who has that kind of money lol. im personally a fan of their suvs. the Q5, Q7 are very nice. i wanted one but just out of my range lol.

and your right, muscle car would just not be relieable for you in the city in winter time. the g35 is an awesome car. the newer ones with the new interior with the navi, holy moly. i remember when they first came out, i wanted that car just because of the inside. it looked amazing. i wanted that too before i got my evo, but thats like 2 years ago when they just came out with that new body style, and the g37 was not even out yet. all of them were around 33-40g. im sure by now you can find a used one around 25g or so. the 2008+ models, which do have the nice interior, if you are liking the infiniti's, that is a very nice car imo. i just typed it in on auto trader i i found a bunch from 21-24g's...

here is a link to the one im talking about. soo nice. black, navi, no option missing. 24g's

here is one a bit cheaper, 20g's...

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
yeah i heard they changed the motor and now its suppost to be much better. and im not saying audi's are not nice, because some newer audi's are very nice looking... just older ones that i know people had ended up blowing up. and the a5, if im thinking of the right audi, is very nice too. i think i know someone with one... thats the one with those led day lights right? my dentist drives one. very nice car. he has one in black, with lightly tinted windows and ill admit, i did a double look first time i saw it lol. but again, thats my dentist, who is around 50 who has that kind of money lol. im personally a fan of their suvs. the Q5, Q7 are very nice. i wanted one but just out of my range lol.

and your right, muscle car would just not be relieable for you in the city in winter time. the g35 is an awesome car. the newer ones with the new interior with the navi, holy moly. i remember when they first came out, i wanted that car just because of the inside. it looked amazing. i wanted that too before i got my evo, but thats like 2 years ago when they just came out with that new body style, and the g37 was not even out yet. all of them were around 33-40g. im sure by now you can find a used one around 25g or so. the 2008+ models, which do have the nice interior, if you are liking the infiniti's, that is a very nice car imo. i just typed it in on auto trader i i found a bunch from 21-24g's...

here is a link to the one im talking about. soo nice. black, navi, no option missing. 24g's

here is one a bit cheaper, 20g's...

Yes I agree, the G35/37 is a great car. I test drove one back in 2007 and it really feels like a great car sporty and all. Interior is great as well. Deff a car to look into

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I've been doing some thinking and reading lately. Looks like my narrowed down choices are as follows: new Civic Si. New VW GTI. Or if I'm lucky, a lightly used BMW 3 series or infiniti G35/7.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: