• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What are you talking about since 98. The new viper srt10 is an amazing car. My freind has both a regular srt10 and srt10 acr edition they both have a/c radio power windows etc just as any corvette. Problem with the corvette is everyone and there mom has one. Very rarely do you see a srt10 viper these days. And the acr is right on par with a zr1 trapping about 125-130 stock. Nothing wrong with vettes just not my cup of tea. I think all gms are junk but thats just me. Oh any freind just had his gtr tuned for 500 bucks so i really have no
Idea where you are getting these prices from.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs
Your friend lied to you and no Viper out the can run with a ZR1, I do not know where you are getting your numbers. The reason no one owns a Viper is because they are ugly now and very unreliable. Besides the ones that are worked over for racing they suck. You can't go out and run a stock Viper hard, you might get away with it a few times but then the old Viper flaw shows its face. Blown coolant hose or radiator. There is a 99% chance of this happening in a Viper, Wow I just spent 80 grand on a car that I can't even drive hard. I know 2 people that had them and they liked them at first then hated them. My buddies uncle has a new ferrari that is being recalled because they catch on fire when you try to drive them hard. Hmmm Recalls on the Vette because they will overheat or catch on fire ZERO. And you are right a lot of people have vettes, but not ZO6 or ZR1 versions. Also when you see a Vette people think a certain way and when you see a Jap car you think another way.

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Your friend lied to you and no Viper out the can run with a ZR1, I do not know where you are getting your numbers. The reason no one owns a Viper is because they are ugly now and very unreliable. Besides the ones that are worked over for racing they suck. You can't go out and run a stock Viper hard, you might get away with it a few times but then the old Viper flaw shows its face. Blown coolant hose or radiator. There is a 99% chance of this happening in a Viper, Wow I just spent 80 grand on a car that I can't even drive hard. I know 2 people that had them and they liked them at first then hated them. My buddies uncle has a new ferrari that is being recalled because they catch on fire when you try to drive them hard. Hmmm Recalls on the Vette because they will overheat or catch on fire ZERO. And you are right a lot of people have vettes, but not ZO6 or ZR1 versions. Also when you see a Vette people think a certain way and when you see a Jap car you think another way.

alright this will be my last post on this topic, as I hate doing this to peoples thread but enough is enough. First off, my freind didn't tell me anything about the vipers he has, I have been in both and driven both. He beats the abolute piss out of it and its pretty much bullet proof. Tranny and rear are so solid guys with 900whp twin turbo vipers launch the crap out of the stock drivetrain and it never fails. There is a reason its 80 grand. With that aside to prove to you that a viper srt 10 is about the same as a zr1 check the two links below. One is a viper srt10 bone stock
stock tires and all that ran [email protected] with a 1.76 60ft. The other link shows a stock 2009 zr1 that ran a [email protected] with a 1.701 60ft. These cars are pretty much even in my book with almost identical 60 foots, ets and trap speeds.

Link 1:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Viper-Timeslip-17936.html

Link2:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-Timeslip-19625.html

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I think its time to pull out the "let's talk about cars people" thread so we can get back on track with the topic of this thread LOL. ANYtime cars are mentioned a battle royal starts. That's why I made that thread awhile ago so people can argue and laugh about cars...

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Listen everyone has their own opinion nothing wrong with that. If you're going to state your opinion at least have the correct imformation. I did make suggestions to the op about some options. So im trying my best to stick the task at hand.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I took a ride in a brand new G37x-s today. Definitely a quick car. (way out of my price range though). However; it's making me reconsider buying used-higher level-cars.

I don't know. My budget of 24K really puts me into another level if I consider cars that are newer than 2007-8 with less than 20K miles. Audi A4's, Acura TSX, G37... All come in at about that range.

Is this a stupid idea? Should I consider these cars with the miles and years on them or am I better off buying something new?

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I took a ride in a brand new G37x-s today. Definitely a quick car. (way out of my price range though). However; it's making me reconsider buying used-higher level-cars.

I don't know. My budget of 24K really puts me into another level if I consider cars that are newer than 2007-8 with less than 20K miles. Audi A4's, Acura TSX, G37... All come in at about that range.

Is this a stupid idea? Should I consider these cars with the miles and years on them or am I better off buying something new?

This is not a stupid idea, its a great idea. Buying new to me is just plain stupid. Why buy new when you could buy a car with 5-10k already on it for about 20-30 percent less? that pretty much is new in my book. If you buy new you're just going to lose all the money in the fist few months anyways. At least if you buy used you really wont take a hit. You just have to know what to look for of course. Like I was telling you earlier. Check out the 2005-2008 a6. You can deff get one fully loaded for about 25 grand. You can also get it with a 4.2 v8 which is 340hp and gets about 22mpg. Even the 2004+ s4s are great. Don't let people tell you these cars are not reliable because I had an a6 with 240k on the clock before I sold it. Never had any problems other then wear and tear items such as timing belts, brakes etc. If you get a low mileage car you dont have to worry about that of course.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0

If you are looking at cars in that range forget the Acura TSX and go with the TL, I have even seen a few Type-S's in that range. An 07-08 TL Type S are pretty quick, faster than the new Maximas out there, and probably faster than most of those 4 banger turbos.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Listen everyone has their own opinion nothing wrong with that. If you're going to state your opinion at least have the correct imformation. I did make suggestions to the op about some options. So im trying my best to stick the task at hand.

Oh my info is correct, Like I said my buddy has one and he had it tuned, and yea it was over 4 G's, It's not your everyday run of the mill car and a lot of places don't even wanna touch them. I'm starting to believe your friends do not own Vipers or GTR's

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The above were just quick ideas. I'm not tied down to those three (or any car really). I'm just slowly knocking out cars I don't like/want/cant afford and am trying to narrow the list so I can go test drive a few.

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oh my info is correct, Like I said my buddy has one and he had it tuned, and yea it was over 4 G's, It's not your everyday run of the mill car and a lot of places don't even wanna touch them. I'm starting to believe your friends do not own Vipers or GTR's

really? then whats your awsner to the a viper not being able to hang with a zr1? Just a few of his toys for you:
porsche.jpg

viper.jpg

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
really? then whats your awsner to the a viper not being able to hang with a zr1? Just a few of his toys for you:
porsche.jpg

viper.jpg
Like I said a Viper can't hang with a ZR1 PERIOD. By the way I can go down to the local track here and take pics of cars like these also, My neighbor has a Porche GT2, you know the 200,000 dollar one. Which is a little faster than the one pictured. Oh and P.S. Here are the performance times for the ZR1 vs an ACR Viper. ZR1= 1/4= 11.2 0-60= 3.2 Now the Viper 1/4 mile= 11.8 0-60= 3.7 Those are big differences

Last edited:

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Like I said a Viper can't hang with a ZR1 PERIOD. By the way I can go down to the local track here and take pics of cars like these also, My neighbor has a Porche GT2, you know the 200,000 dollar one. Which is a little faster than the one pictured. Oh and P.S. Here are the performance times for the ZR1 vs an ACR Viper. ZR1= 1/4= 11.2 0-60= 3.2 Now the Viper 1/4 mile= 11.8 0-60= 3.7 Those are big differences

actually its not, because the one pictures has the switzer 650 picture and ran 10.6@132 at the track but nice try my friend ;) Not true, my freind ran 10.9@130 wtih has acr completely stock. All about the driver :)

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
actually its not, because the one pictures has the switzer 650 picture and ran 10.6@132 at the track but nice try my friend ;) Not true, my freind ran 10.9@130 wtih has acr completely stock. All about the driver :)
Ok if you wanna play that game of adding more power and this and that to a Viper than you can go get the lingenfilter Vette that runs a 10.2 and 2.8 also your friend did not run a 10.9@130 what was his 1/8 mile on that run and where is the slip? I have been racing cars way to long and Know to much about these particular cars, I'm calling you out BS.

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ok if you wanna play that game of adding more power and this and that to a Viper than you can go get the lingenfilter Vette that runs a 10.2 and 2.8 also your friend did not run a 10.9@130 what was his 1/8 mile on that run and where is the slip? I have been racing cars way to long and Know to much about these particular cars, I'm calling you out BS.

no problem, Ill post the slip when I get home tonight. Also the link I posted earlier is a stock srt10 that ran the 10.9@129. Don't forget that most of the people that buy these cars are 50+ year old men that are to scared to go above 80 mph and drive it like grandma. So yea, most people that have them are not capable of runing good times with them so you don't usually see it. But with the right driver its possible.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Who has some recommendations for entry level luxury cars that are under my criteria? Is anyone driving a bmw/audi/infiniti/related that has some personal views? I'm not taking anything away from the suggestions above, just looking for more.

Also, who works at a dealership that can connect me with someone?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: