D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I see all of these amazing photos... just wondering what cameras people are using..

I am thinking of investing in one just wondering whats the best camera for my buck....... please add make and about how much they run

Thanks Dave

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
canon G9

canon powershot G9, excellent camera for the buck around $400.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 137

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
canon 20D
17-40 4.0 lens,
100mm Macro lens

I've spent over $2K on my camera, so far. There's still a bunch of lenses I want, plus other items...

I had a canon 570IS (~$150) and it took good pictures too.

B

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
my original shots were done with a nikon D50 with original nikkor lenses, my newer shots are with a nikon D80 with VR lenses both cameras take excellent shots.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nikon d200...d300, d3 soon.

it's not so much the camera as it is your talent, pentax, canon, and nikon all make great low cost dslr's.

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I had a couple of Canon DSLR, I gave them to my brother when he went to photography school. Now I am using just small compact Nikon S700 and S3 point and shoot. For myself, I just got lazy carrying all the lenses and stuff when I travel. You just put it into your pocket and go. You can still take some great pics with a good digtal point and shoot by adjusting with manual settings. Also buying lenses can be addicting for "some" people :)

Why not start with a good small compact point and shoot first? Then get a DSLR when you want to carry all the stuff for your portfolio? :)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am looking into buying this one as my next camera. Do you have any pictures Wes where you can share with you camera?

if you looked at my pics you would probably think the camera sucks...it's not the camera that sucks, it's the user :eek:

this camera goes above and beyond anything that i would ever use it for. if you are looking for dslr and you are an amateur photographer. the canon xti and nikon d80 are the best reviewed entry level dslr cameras that i found when i was researching. I don't think you could go wrong w/ either.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
nikon d200...d300, d3 soon.

it's not so much the camera as it is your talent, pentax, canon, and nikon all make great low cost dslr's.

Thank you, Jonathan. :) The man speaks the truth.

I use a Pentax K10d w/ 100mm macro (usually). But I have gotten equally nice photographs from my Canon S60 point and shoot. It's all about learning how to properly use your camera.

russianmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thank you, Jonathan. :) The man speaks the truth.

I use a Pentax K10d w/ 100mm macro (usually). But I have gotten equally nice photographs from my Canon S60 point and shoot. It's all about learning how to properly use your camera.

I have a point-and-shoot (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18), and have gotten some amazing shots. So, what they said...
PinkPaly.JPG

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: