• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A few weeks ago Jonthan agreed to take a few shots of my tank... He's a genius! The shots are amazing. I did a bit of photoshopping/cropping so any critique of that should be directed to me, not him! Tank is now 18 months old and everything is healthy and thriving. You can see a year's progress by checking back to the first issue of Reef's Magazine. All photos here are from last month except the first 2 full tank shots which I posted last year (also by JH). I saved my favorite one until the end - the blenny is hilarious! Enjoy and fire away with any questions or comments.

room202.jpg

right20corner.jpg

side1.jpg

right-1.jpg

back.jpg

clown2.jpg

clown1.jpg

cardinals.jpg

cardinal2.jpg

blenny1.jpg

anthias.jpg

wrasse2.jpg

wrasse1.jpg

welso2.jpg

swiss2.jpg

swiss1.jpg

pipe1.jpg

coco.jpg

favites.jpg

euphyllia.jpg

cynarina.jpg

clam.jpg

paly.jpg

star1-1.jpg

shrimp.jpg

goby1.jpg

nepthea.jpg

kenya.jpg

buddies.jpg

susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes Alex - the tank is in the kitchen so I can see it all the time 0 its a custom build by Greenwich Aquaria - cherry wood for tank stained to match cabinets.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi susan2626

An excellent reef work you have, very natural looking, good choice of corals and fish, very pleasant to see, just watch the Eyphyllias as they are very powerful when it comes to chemical war fare - Allelopathy (should you want to know more about it, there's some more here). Congratulations ;-)

Jonathan's photographs are excellent and I assume that by now you feel more at ease and knowledgeable with your camera as well :)

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Sue,

mr. blenny is a ham :lol:
I'll try to work on a few of the shots for a more natural color ,
some of them are a bit saturated :eek:

btw Sue has a really impressive tank, everything is super healthy, the water is not even visible, she has a great wet thumb :)

susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pedro - thanks. I have my little Euphyllia "garden" isolated from all the other corals. They don't sting each other as you know, so I can have several varieties (torch, hammer, frogspawn) all stuck in one rock which has a lot of "holes" = perfect for my little garden! One of the two poweheads is positioned right above so there is a lot of flow to keep all the euphyllia constanting "waving!" Its fun to watch.

susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
mia photos

yes Reefman - sorry. Jonathan rightly wanted to correct my really poor photoshopping before posting... he'll do that at some point and then I will re-post. I apologize for the false alarm but hopefully his professional touch will make the photos worth seeing... thanks for your patience and happy reefing!

To the mods: please remove this post and again - sorry!:duh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: