Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If you have a digital (or non-digital) camera and do not use a canon or a nikon, post your non-reef shots here! List the type of camera and lens you were using if possible! Show those elitists that there are other cameras on the market!

150761111_f7925bc1fd_o.jpg

Pentax *ist DS w/ sigma 28-200mm lens
Oaxaca, Mexico

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
What there are other types of cameras besides Nikons and Canons? I didn't know that!!! J/k

Oh man now I'm going to have to dig deep into the closet and pull out my Pentax optio S4 :irked: I haven't used it in years. Honestly speaking Steve's Lg camera phone takes better pics:lol2:

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ;-)
Here are the first three...I have more...taken with Konica Minolta Dimage X 50

Earthworm
pict3126.jpg

Carpobrotus edulis
chor_o.jpg

"Marine" Lady-Bug - Photographed while I was collecting live sponge on the tide pools while the tide was low
joaninha_marinha.jpg

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
a few more older film shots

pentax 6x7 90mm lens tri-x film, i think. shot in positano Italy
postitano.jpg

pentax 6x7 110mm lens, shot in FL
spike_2.jpg

RZ67 140mm lens, shot on the beach at west hampton
g1b-w.jpg

pentax 6x7 90mm lens, no idea what the film was, shot under my skylight with natural light,
background had a strobe on it to blow it out.
king_protea.jpg

Last edited:

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Again

A basaltic rock covered by algae among which are Porphyra umbilicalis (brown on the left - one of the species used for Nori production). These algae almost dry under the intense sun heat but regain life when the high tide returns. Its one of the places were I collect "fresh Nori"
valadares_sul_fim_da_tarde_rocha_com_algas.jpg

Valadares (Sul=South) Beach - Vila Nova de Gaia - Portugal, one of the places were I collect Natural Sea Water, here seen at High Tide in a sunny late afternoon.
valadares_sul_fim_da_tarde_ba_a_sul_3.jpg

Valadares (Sul=South) Beach - Vila Nova de Gaia - Portugal, one of the places were I collect Natural Sea Water, same spot as above but here seen at almost low tide in a sunny late afternoon
ba_a_lado_sul_1.jpg

Valadares (Sul=South) Beach - Vila Nova de Gaia - Portugal, one of the places were I collect Natural Sea Water, same spot as above but here seen at completely very low tide in a sunny late afternoon, exposing the Barroeira Reef - Sabellaria alveolata
marvaza_recife_a_descoberto.jpg

The same spot as above...but oriented towards New York City...just follow the sun and you will end up in the "Big Apple" - New York City, very easy:tongue1:.....200 million years ago:Blurp::biggrin:.
valadares_sul_fim_da_tarde_recife_6.jpg

All photographs were taken with a Konica Minolta Dimage X50

Cheers
Pedro Nuno;-)

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again

So you like Lady Bugs...I also am fascinated by them! have look of this red one that once visited my African daisies in my terrace

besouro_vermelho.jpg

besouro_vermelho_1.jpg

besouro_vermelho_2.jpg

preparing to take off
besouro_vermelho_3.jpg

Here a flower and a fruit starting to grow from one of my Punica grantum trees (Pomegranate - delicious fruit)

One flower completely closed, another one opened and another germinated preparing to develop a fruit
flor_de_romanzeira_e_bot_o.jpg

Fruit growing:Blurp:
fruto_de_rom_nzeira_an.jpg

All photographs taken with a Konica Minolta Dimage X50
Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: