LPS Show-Off Thread

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
Hey FaviaFreak, sweet collection you have there. That bleeding sun, is the spot surrounding the eye actually that dark? Mine is more red and much lighter. Think it's 2 different chalices?
it's the same piece I have had mine for a bout a month under MH plus it's not the clearest pic, it is red for sure, it's is however much more blue on the base than when I first got it, it's also regaining the lighter red, your piece is newer I assume and had more time to cook under the T-5's at Unique Corals, my frag I got right after the first cutting and needed time to recover and regain it's true colors

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
here is a pic I just took under pure 20k no actinic supplementation, it is a bit darker around the eye but I attribute that to being under MH as opposed to T-5's so it may have morphed a bit? same coral non the less

one more newbie..Yourreef Highlander Chalice

Last edited:

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
it's the same piece I have had mine for a bout a month under MH plus it's not the clearest pic, it is red for sure, it's is however much more blue on the base than when I first got it, it's also regaining the lighter red, your piece is newer I assume and had more time to cook under the T-5's at Unique Corals, my frag I got right after the first cutting and needed time to recover and regain it's true colors
Thanks FF :). The second pic you posted looks very close the frag i have. I just wanted to make sure I have to correct name for proper IDing.

Btw, the Highlander looks great, kinda look like the skin of a reptile. I can see you have a pretty extensive chalice collection going on...

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
Thanks FF :). The second pic you posted looks very close the frag i have. I just wanted to make sure I have to correct name for proper IDing.

Btw, the Highlander looks great, kinda look like the skin of a reptile. I can see you have a pretty extensive chalice collection going on...

I sold so much stuff that it's not even funny, if I kept every chalice that I have acquired over the past 2 years I would prolly have 50-60 pieces by now...I'm back into the collecting again, can't kick it :)

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
FF, at the rate you are going , you'll hit those numbers in no time :lol:

Thanks Rob, i really dig the snake eyes and orange crush of yours :)

Jason, great pics! Pic 2 & 3 are my fav