Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am looking for pictures of peoples equipment setups. I know lots of people run different variations, I am new to the game and would like to see some ideas of what other people are working with. The order in which you run your equipment, tank rooms, plumbing, diy projects and descriptions of what u are using. This is an opportunity to show off all your hard work behind the tank, And to help show us newbees what we should be doing. I figured I would start it's nothing special. I have a Amiracle sump, oceanic skimmer, 2 little fishes phos reactor, and 2 bags or activated carbon sitting inside the bottom of the sump. I am open to suggestions also, if something u think could be improved on please let me know. Here is a cool link Uw sent me of a nice diy sump/fuge setup. http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/aquarium-sumps/76.asp

Attachments

• 014 (2).jpg
    014 (2).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,886
  • 007 (5).jpg
    007 (5).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,750
  • 008 (2).jpg
    008 (2).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,754
  • 008 (3).jpg
    008 (3).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,758
  • 009 (3).jpg
    009 (3).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,762
  • 008 (4).jpg
    008 (4).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 009 (4).jpg
    009 (4).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,730
Last edited:

ferrybongo13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
here is my 33 long with 20 long refuge...all diys...works great so far...looks like alot going on but my 180 gallon tank is in my basement and i have the room so why not.
Have external pump and kent marine skimmer with UV light...1 7 inch filter sock...i put in carbon and phosban sometimes too.When i get some money i am gonna get better lighting and start some reef stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,740
  • IMG_3420.JPG
    IMG_3420.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,705

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i think you can benefit from a better skimmer IMO...but the rest seems like its fine...

heres a pic of my diy sump with msx 160 and eheim 1262 return

IMG_1719.jpg
Nice job thanks for the response I like how clean and organized it looks. How does that multi nozzle set up work it looks like it would save a lot of trouble running plumbing to each thing. is your return on the left or the right in this pic. The skimmer was a hand me down but seems to be holding me down till I get some more money. My bank account keeps telling me insuFISHent funds stop spending so much money on your tank lol.

Last edited:

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
here is my 33 long with 20 long refuge...all diys...works great so far...looks like alot going on but my 180 gallon tank is in my basement and i have the room so why not.
Have external pump and kent marine skimmer with UV light...1 7 inch filter sock...i put in carbon and phosban sometimes too.When i get some money i am gonna get better lighting and start some reef stuff.

Thats alot of plumbing, cool setup did u steal that pump off your neighbors pool? that bad boy looks industrial. I like how u joined the two tanks using the bulkheads and pvc baffle. I was gonna do a similar setup but didnt have the room so i joined the 2 sumps using 2 bulkheads with no pvc in between, I had a leak at first but i used some silcone and everything is water tight now. Thanks for sharing i am trying to get enough pics for people to borrow ideas from all in one place. When i went from my canister to a sump I had no idea what a correct sump was supposed to look like so I searched tons of tank threads for equipment setup pics.

Last edited:

dnreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nothing fancy so far. Just a basic setup. The sump is a converted 40 gallon acrylic tank. Using a Mag 5 pump for return. The skimmer is an Octopus Extreme 200. Total volume in this system is currently 90 gallons, but I might try to bring it up to 95 or 100 gallons if possible.

Attachments

• 75 gall on update 012.JPG
    75 gall on update 012.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 878
  • 75 gall on update 018.JPG
    75 gall on update 018.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 890
  • 75 gall on update 022.JPG
    75 gall on update 022.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 876
  • 75 gall on update 016.JPG
    75 gall on update 016.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 907

dnreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
DN have you tried that ATB purple punwheel yet?
greggnyce

I haven't tried the purple pinwheel yet because I've been getting good foam at present and have been a bit busy. Also, the setup is pretty new and I want to see how the standard pinwheel does once the tank is fully running. Then I can get a better comparison of the 2 pinwheels. I'll post those pictures down the road on the skimmer thread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: