ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks again everybody!

Your tank is sick. Thats my dream tank and definitely what im going for. can you tell more about lighting, additives, equipment, and anything else you do haha. I see in the "July 15, 2009" picture you have a multibar angelfish on the left side of the tank. How is this fish doing? what did you feed it? How long did it live for you?thanks!!

Check out this link on how I like to run a tank.

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/showthread.php?t=71913

My website (http://reefbum.com) also has more info.

Love that multibar! I have had him for about a year and a half. I feed it mysis and brine shrimp as well as pellets.

twelvejewelz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thanks. I have a pair of multibar angels and a Venustus Angelfish. The multibar are my favorite marine fish hands down!Can you post some more pics of yours? Ill check your sites out now. Hopefully one day my tank will look like yours.BTW do you know anywhere in the NY area that has mini colonies of SPS? All i can find around here are frags on the smaller side and id like to add some small size colonies to fill the tank in alittle better.Thanks again reefbum!

Thanks again everybody!

Check out this link on how I like to run a tank.

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/showthread.php?t=71913

My website (http://reefbum.com) also has more info.

Love that multibar! I have had him for about a year and a half. I feed it mysis and brine shrimp as well as pellets.

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks folks.

cool thanks. I have a pair of multibar angels and a Venustus Angelfish. The multibar are my favorite marine fish hands down!Can you post some more pics of yours? Ill check your sites out now. Hopefully one day my tank will look like yours.BTW do you know anywhere in the NY area that has mini colonies of SPS? All i can find around here are frags on the smaller side and id like to add some small size colonies to fill the tank in alittle better.Thanks again reefbum!
I don't have a lot of shots of him so my site would have them all. As for mini colonies, I know Manhattan Aquarium recently had some stuff but you should also try other local vendors. With fall coming I'm sure the selection will increase.

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
It has been a few months so I thought I would update the progression. I removed the big orange cap in the front center (it was up against the glass) and I moved my ORA Borealis away from the ORA Red Planet and Purple Monster to the left of the big Red Table in the center. I also chopped the big ORA Green Birdsnest in the lower right in half and moved the pieces to the bottom middle....I couldn't split it cleanly so I took about 20 frags and made a colony! Its getting really crowded in there :tongue1:

April 16, 2007

tankapril1607pic3b.jpg

June 19, 2007

tankjune1907pic1a.jpg

August 6, 2007

tankpicsaug0607pic2a.jpg

October 13, 2007

oct1307tankpic2a.jpg

December 23, 2007

dec2307tankpic2a.jpg

April 20, 2008

april202008tankpic1a.jpg

September 13, 2008

sep1308tankpic1a.jpg

January 24, 2009

ftjan242009tankpic35a.jpg

May 1, 2009

may012009tankpic1a.jpg

July 15, 2009

july152009tankpic1a.jpg

January 30, 2010

jan3010tankpic2a.jpg

April 24, 2010

april2410tankpic1a.jpg

August 15, 2010

aug152010tankpic1a.jpg

November 13, 2010

nov132010tankpic1a.jpg

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
When my tank grows up I hope it looks like yours. What kind of lighting are you running?
Thanks! I have 6' Sfiligoi light fixture with 3 SE 400W bulbs and 8 39W T5s. Halides (driven by Sunlight Supply Blue Wave 7 HQI ballasts) are 20K Radiums while T5s are Giesemann POWERCHROME Actinic Plus.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: