coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
only problem is price of corals vendors charge at this event. I contacted like 8-9 vendors of choice weeks ago and everything was over the top expensive. I wanted to purchase ahead of the event and pick up. Needless to say I'm not going because not a single vendor had decent price for anything. Having said that I would have enjoyed the speakers. not sure if this will make a diff. to yah but I believe parking is free.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
If the cost is prohibitive then stay home. Think of it as the cost of shipping coral online without the hassle of waiting for UPS and praying. With so much to choose from, you can't go wrong.

I don't need any coral, but going to the show for the experience and meeting people that I only see online usually.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I plan to go tomorrow...just for going sake and bragging rights. :thrash:

And I don't need any corals, fish, or other goods. But I will walk with some cash for the raffle and will certainly buy something if I like it.

For me, this is not a matter of cost benefit, its a matter of the benefit I get from the experience of attending such an event with fellow hobbyist where I can have access to all the vendors and also see folks that I haven't seen in a while and also the speakers!
Attending any one of the 3 sessions is worth way more that the cost!
So, its priceless.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I'll never understand the reasoning behind the complaints year after year event after event...to start... this is and never will be a cheap hobby.I for one never complained about the gas...the toll or the free parking. .I always carpool to these events with other members here (not to mention are really good friends thru the years thanks to this forum)so if it means paying for the gas,the tolls,lunch with good friends and having the day to spend time to do these things than maybe I'm missing the point

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Couldn't say it any better,, I took my Kids and they loved it

i'll never understand the reasoning behind the complaints year after year event after event...to start... This is and never will be a cheap hobby.i for one never complained about the gas...the toll or the free parking. .i always carpool to these events with other members here (not to mention are really good friends thru the years thanks to this forum)so if it means paying for the gas,the tolls,lunch with good friends and having the day to spend time to do these things than maybe i'm missing the point

+1

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'll never understand the reasoning behind the complaints year after year event after event...to start... this is and never will be a cheap hobby.I for one never complained about the gas...the toll or the free parking. .I always carpool to these events with other members here (not to mention are really good friends thru the years thanks to this forum)so if it means paying for the gas,the tolls,lunch with good friends and having the day to spend time to do these things than maybe I'm missing the point

Great point !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: