Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Ok Great, Thank you very much Mike, I will try that this week. Its a funny thing how this hobby changes as time goes on. I remember when I added my first fish, I was thinking this is great! not only am i getting the fish, I am also getting their good water and just added it to the tank :eek: Now, I have three different magnifying glasses, a set of mini different coarse brushes, QT tank and a mess of dips that all the corals and fish must get past before entering my main tank, Funny how things change :lol2:

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
I thought I was the only one that experienced fw from snails are reading this thread. I did everything that goes into my tank, no matter who or where I get it from. Is fwe bad for snails?
where did you read fw are photosynthetic?

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
This is especially important given the recent increase in flatworm posts in MR.
It makes no sense to dip and QT every fish and coral but then throw snails or macro in the DT after a brief acclimation. You either have to follow the process for everything or nothing.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
This is especially important given the recent increase in flatworm posts in MR.
It makes no sense to dip and QT every fish and coral but then throw snails or macro in the DT after a brief acclimation. You either have to follow the process for everything or nothing.

I agree 100%!!!! I'll b freshwater dipping mine... And I've dipping my 5 inch clam in coral rc and no problems,, clams close so shake it up in coral rc and then out it in the tank! I have to pick up some snails today and hopefully freshwater dip will b ok

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: