rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sins

I just tell her aren't you glad I'm not out at bars and strip clubs. Instead I spend 20 on a whole bunch of corals when actually I put 20 on the card so she sees I bought something and the rest in cash that way when I get home I say look how much stuff I got for 20 bucks lmao

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Eye for an Eye I guess

The Chevron I purchased yesterday
Turned into a trip to the Jeans store for 2 pairs of jeans

Attachments

• Chevron.jpg
    Chevron.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Jeans.jpg
    Jeans.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 122

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I guess I should mention that the Chevron purchase when smoothly because of my strategy, went to one store and saw the Chevron for $300, went online and saw the chevron for $249.

Went to Max Reefs and got the Chevron for $90.00, so by being a "smart" shopper I did not spend $90, I saved hundreds and I did not have to switch my car insurance (Geico dumb joke).

She also did her "smart" shopping, at my suggestion, 2 jeans qualified her for free shipping.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I guess I should mention that the Chevron purchase when smoothly because of my strategy, went to one store and saw the Chevron for $300, went online and saw the chevron for $249.

Went to Max Reefs and got the Chevron for $90.00, so by being a "smart" shopper I did not spend $90, I saved hundreds and I did not have to switch my car insurance (Geico dumb joke).

She also did her "smart" shopping, at my suggestion, 2 jeans qualified her for free shipping.

Damn chevron for $90!?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
How can I sneak the blonde into the house?

tell her it was from thirty5....he didn't want it any more......lol :Yikes:

it's don't ask don't tell at the home front.
i don't ask about the ferragamo in the closet, and i don't tell about the black tang in the tank.......perfect solution.

and cash is king.....no credit card receipts/statements....no paper trail.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
When I get fish I just tell her that some guy from MR just did not want it and he gave it to me for FREE some times it works and some times it dosen't

When I got my new T5 6 bulb light, I told her I got it for $200 becuse it was an open box item, but I really paid $400!!!:biglaugh:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I do not know what the big deal is.
Honesty is always the best way to deal with our wives.
Why would we want to keep something like that from the people in our lives.

i don't agree. people that aren't into the hobby your into will almost never understand the expenditures. Regardless if its reefing, cars, fishing, etc.

how can you explain to a non reefer that your spending $400+ on a powerhead or $250 on a fish. If my wife knew, she would be furious. Its just easier to keep her in the dark. The more she knows how much i spend, the more she will want to spend for herself. we cant both be frivolous lol.

Maybe your extremely lucky and have a very understanding wife.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: