Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what these are? They keep popping up. Good or bad? uploadfromtaptalk1376697571882.jpg

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think telling this guy to get a fish is a bad idea especially a tang he never posted a tank size from what ive seen and if its a nano that would be a mistake to get this fish.

Better off finding out where all the nutrients are coming from that is feeding the hair algae? Scale back on feeding could help too.
Do you do wc and topoff with RODI water? If you your using Tap water that could be the cause.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi 46nbliss

Let me fill in some details... 28 nano, 40 lbs of sand 24lbs live rock, MH seal hood on for 6 hours , WC 20% every 2 weeks, ATO with ro/di. Live stock black clown, dragon goby, flasher wrasse, cleaner shrimp, 4 snails. Blue mushroom, green star polps and a frag of zoas. I run a chiller 77 degree, and chemipure elite. Test once a week all number are good Everyone seems healthy and growing. Ive have an amazon fresh tank for almost 10 years this is my first salt. Thanks

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah thats why i mentioned getting a tang to take care of the algae problem would be a mistake. Your tank is too small for it to thrive.
Seems like you keep good husbandry wc etc... Possibly over feeding causing the algae problem.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Hi 46nbliss

Let me fill in some details... 28 nano, 40 lbs of sand 24lbs live rock, MH seal hood on for 6 hours , WC 20% every 2 weeks, ATO with ro/di. Live stock black clown, dragon goby, flasher wrasse, cleaner shrimp, 4 snails. Blue mushroom, green star polps and a frag of zoas. I run a chiller 77 degree, and chemipure elite. Test once a week all number are good Everyone seems healthy and growing. Ive have an amazon fresh tank for almost 10 years this is my first salt. Thanks

How often do you change the Chemipure? Why not do 10% WC once a week? I think you'll get better results like that on your nano. Do you have a skimmer? Does your tank filtration have sponges? Those things are nitrate factories. Hope this helps.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent changed the pure chem yet... its been in there for maybe 2 months. I will try a 10% water change every week. No skimmer, sponges are in but i rinse and change them when needed. I feed twice a day pellets and once a week frozen, only what they eat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: