• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok... if you seriously want to do it right... give your animals to someone, tear the tank down for now, do some research and set it back up properly.

Right now, the fish are not going to do well and the anemone has basically already been sentenced to death if he remains in that tank.

Have the tank drilled, get a sump, at least 30 more lbs of live rock and a good skimmer along with t5 or metal halide lights. Use RO/DI water and let the tank cycle... this means NO ANIMALS until it is finished cycling. You'll know it's finished cycling by testing the water for ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. Once it's cycled, you can SLOWLY start putting your livestock back in. As you're doing this, you can continue testing for the basics and begin alk and calcium testing.

It sounds to me like your tank would be very difficult to salvage without first tearing it down and rebuilding.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This is getting out of hand

why is everyone posting ,if he doesnt want to listen ,let him leanr the hard way . Zuska .Ppl here dont want to keep going back and forth with posting how you should kep a reef tank ,there are lots of good info ,and my cell which you never called to ask any questions ,Im no expert ,but i most deff could of helped you get thru this without all the conflict .

My freinds ,just stop posting or close this thread ,its going no where

srry just my opinion

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
This is getting out of hand

why is everyone posting ,if he doesnt want to listen ,let him leanr the hard way . Zuska .Ppl here dont want to keep going back and forth with posting how you should kep a reef tank ,there are lots of good info ,and my cell which you never called to ask any questions ,Im no expert ,but i most deff could of helped you get thru this without all the conflict .

My freinds ,just stop posting or close this thread ,its going no where

srry just my opinion

I agree.... thats why i havent posted anything and minded my own business... i dont want to waste my time on someone who does not want to take the information and use it wisely...

I find it strange that everyone keeps offering advice to a person who does not want to listen... we really do have a great bunch of people here :grouphug:....
Zuska on the board we dont use profanity:type:....

:dead:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awibrandy i never said you are his teacher. He told me over the phone that his teacher from school is teaching him all this information unless you are his teacher in reality.

Marki, I ment that as a joke.:teeth: But seriously, if he is not listening to anyone here he is probably not listening to the teacher either.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Im sorry for every ones time I took the info from every one I promise. Once again Im very sorry for the bad language. good night.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Zuska,

I have offered you that I can check out your tank and explain the jargon of the reef stuff directly in front of the stuff(if you are not too far away from me) but I did not get any answer from your PM either. Once again, I will available Wed and Thursday. Hope you know how to use the PM (private message) thing.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Can some one close this thread...

Okay I will close the thread, but you have to take some advice.

1 Stop
2 Sell your live stock
3 read and learn
4 speak to the people who have offered you personal help
5 then set up your tank the right way from the beginning
got it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: