Rating - 100%
71   0   0
to all have a problem my temp is going up and down don't have a chiller is there anyway i can solve my problem with out using a chiller. If not what chiller you will recommend for use in a 20g sump/ref with a 75gL mix reef display. I think it may be the source of my ich problem:shhh:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
what kind of light u using?? i use a azoo 4 unit fan when mh r running blowing air on the surfice of the water and i a have a jbj 1/1o chiller but it dont come on that much on 65g dt an 25g sum/fuge i get abou 2 degree in temp swing now and 3 degree in the summer

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
using 2x150 MH 4xt'5 2xfans in light system also the problem may also be the light in my sump just remember that since i started to leave it on 24/7 temp problem started.just changed the bulb temp is at 76 for now we will see what happens when the display come on.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
2to 4 is not that much 74 is a littl low tho 77 to 79 would be better at least that were i keep my tank and i an not having any issue
A sudden 2-4 degree drop or increase in temp. is a big difference to some fish and corals more so in a small tank .I am not saying a chiller is a must, that is totally up to you to decide but it would definitely make life for you and your animals less stressfull.

cmor1701d

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try adding a fan (as already suggested) blowing across the top of the tank. I have a 7" fan blowing across the top of 125g and the temp stays at 79 deg +/- 1.

I use a long glass scientific thermometer to check the temp.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: