Copepods eat zoathids?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
Just wanted to make it clear, wouldn't have to have newbies reading it and going crazy to get rid of pods ;) :D
lets make it really clear, pods do not eat live coral.

they are an important part of a reef tanks eco-system.

Quang

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
jhale said:
lets make it really clear, pods do not eat live coral.

they are an important part of a reef tanks eco-system.
Good to hear....I was one of those newbies :icon16: :banghead:

masterswimmer

www.saltwatercritters.com
Rating - 99.5%
439   2   0
Gil is 100% right, that is an amphipod, not a copepod. And again, jh and house are right, pods are what we all want. If you are determined to get rid of them, I'll be first in line to snatch them up.

You should check your tank VERY closely. There is a zoo eating spider that is a nuisance pest to reefers. They look just like a small spider and those you want to get rid of, if you do see them.

Also agree that the pods are just doing their job. I find pods all over my healthy corals as well as the rock.

Don't fret, pods are a good sign of a maturing tank.

Russ

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
LOL Jay.

Kris because I am going to be upgrading soon and would like to catch a bunch to put in the new tank. ANd in the sump I'm going to build for that tank too.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
LOL Jay.

Kris because I am going to be upgrading soon and would like to catch a bunch to put in the new tank. ANd in the sump I'm going to build for that tank too.
In transfering you rock over you should be able to get more than enough to get your new tank started :D

Featured Sponsors