Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I finally placed an order for (2) Evil Par38 lights. I got the 20k version (3 blues 2 whites). They come with 40 degree optics.

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php?products_id=698

I have been looking to find the right fixture for a few weeks now and just cannot find quite the right thing that I'm looking for. I found this fixture which is freakin awesome. I couldn't find any U.S. manufacturers though...

http://etgrouphk.en.made-in-china.c...ED-Pendant-Light-ET-H01F2S-PAR30L-14W-2-.html

Does anyone have any good fixture solutions other than a light I can get from like Office Depot?

I was curious about how high I am going to need to hang the lights. I was thinking somewhere around 8"-10" from what I've been reading, but I thought I'd ask. I have an 18" cube tank.

I was also curious if I am going to need any other optics to avoid spotlighting.

Last edited:

MSunkin23

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious how that turns out.

I just bought there UVL PC-R Bulbs for the Biocube. Power Compacts with a reflector on the top half of the bulb. So far insane results. I actually believe I saw my GSP push out a base-layer in one day of light...

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So my dad runs a used camera store. They have these light fixtures that attach to the top of a standard light stand which the bulbs can plug right into. I am thinking about getting two of these one for each side. The stand attaches to a table with a clamp and it is designed to hold much more weight than these bulbs. I'll try to find a link sometime soon.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just got the lights and they're on my tank. :) I love the color. However, like predicted I am definitely getting some spotlighting. I know that optics can help, however should I get 80 degree optics for every led, or just a few? I ended up just using some desk lamps similar to picod's fluval edge. Would love some tips. I am going to take some par readings later on this week and I will post them.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Spotlighttttttttttttttttt
led3.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: