reefgeek

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you must be kidding

anything bought or sold in petco is simply garbage. if your too lazy to do a water change with proper water and a quality salt, in my opinion you shouldnt be in the hobby.

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
anything bought or sold in petco is simply garbage. if your too lazy to do a water change with proper water and a quality salt, in my opinion you shouldnt be in the hobby.

Just because I buy pre-made water does not mean that I am too lazy to be in this hobby, that is honestly the most ridiculous statement I have heard...and your opinion which has not been substantiated, and in this case a very stoopid one shows that you have nothing valuable that I want to listen to anyway.

T3TRODOTOXIN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've used it.

Its not bad. (Most of the time)

Salinity was a bit low at times (SG @ 1.020 using a calibrated refractometer).

But it happened only 2x out of the many that I have bought it.

I found it much more cost effective to just get an RO/DI unit. I think I used www.purewaterclub.com

They were pretty affordable, and make a great unit.

Mixing salt can be a pain in the "a", but just all about planning. Making water before hand, and trying to always have water on hand, in the event of a "reef emergency". Not to mention a heater so you can do a large water change without worrying about a temperature drop (just mentioning because I've seen a few people's tanks semi crash due to changing massive amounts of water with fresh cold saltwater.)

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I have an RO unit, and do mix my own salt, just when I need a lot of water in a hurry it makes a good alternative...setting up my 59g this weekend and have no room for that much water!

T3TRODOTOXIN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ah.. ok.

Yeah. Well its pretty much the only alternative (unless you have a close by reefing friend -which your close with haha)

Maybe look for a tall, but slender water storage container of some sort so you can have a nice amount of water without using up too much of your living space? Just an idea.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Nikka Its the best water you can buy because it Real Pacific Ocean Water, I have been using it for years. Granted i dont have a tank ever over 70 gallons. But i do what i can to support a friend.

Its package for them by this company, which used to be run by the guy who does Blue Zoo aquatics.

http://www.catalinawater.com/Product.html
I wouldn't buy it for that reason, I could go down the street and get water from the atlantic ocean.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: