• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey all, I'm taking down a 6 year old 55 today. There are 3" of CC in the tank. Judging by what was in the sump the CC must be filled with all kinds of worms and bugs. This would be perfect for anyone who wants to kick start a new DSB or put some life in there fuge. you would need to separate the critters from the CC, but there is so much life in there it should be worth it. I'm going to transfer the CC to the 30 gallon sump along with whatever water is left over from the 55. I'll throw in some power heads and a heater, so that should keep the bug's alive till someone comes to pick them up. Any one who wants them can email me
at [email protected] . please give me your phone number and I'll call back the first people who want them. I'm located in greenwich village. also my tank never had any diseases or ick, so you don't have to worry about bad things like that.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey guys, sorry I did not post sooner. It took me all day to take the tank down, what a mess. and then I was up till late at night painting the walll behind the tank. I figure thats the last time I'll ever have the chance to do that without a fishtank in the way.
CTX wrote to me like 30 seconds after I posted this, so the CC is going to him. After removing everything I realized trying to sift through all that CC for worms etc. is pretty hard. It is good for seeding a new tank, which is what he's doing.
making a sump out of the 55 is what I'm doing, so I'll be keeping that. I do have a custom made stand and hood I need to find a home for. I'll post that soon.
thanks

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
:D :D And I got a call after 55 seconds.. This must have been the fastest transaction..

Just happen to check on the right time.. But I am wondering what is the best way to get these critter out.. Any great ideas?

[ January 28, 2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: ctxmonitor ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: