• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P

Pedro

Just wondering what they have in. Any cool SPS? Is it worth a trip there this weekend?

Thanks.

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i went there on saturday, they had gotten some nice sps and clams in. but hopefully they go quickly lol
jen

Mantis806

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
yes, i've done it by public transportation before. from 42nd street straight to fishtown by train and bus would probably be an hour and a half. lonnnng ride. get to flushing via the 7 and then i don't remember what bus goes there. sucks to live in the boonies without a car, haha.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
take the 7 to main street (the end of the line) get on a #13 bus. Tell the driver you want off at Francis lewis Blvd. it's about a block back the direction you came on the bus, on the other side of the street.

Also, northern aquarium is on Northern Blvd and main st. If you get off the subway and walk down main st towards Norther Blvd, take a left on Northen Blvd. It's about a block down on the left.

BC

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Oops sorry about the pic. I do have a 20" lcd. I knew something wasn't right. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it.

Maybe i'll take a ride over there this weekend, see what's available.

P

Pedro

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Good looking out Rich. I guess i'll wait. Hey, i'm almost ready to start buying frags again. After changing salts and doing water changes more frequently, my tank has never looked better. If only i can get a hold of that damn pill. So save me some frags.

Btw, is my avatar the right size now? I don't see it.

Thanks.

ap714

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If I might voice my opinion about Fish Town.....
I will never shop in that store EVER again....Too many bad experiences there...Brief Description... Every Fish I have ever bought there either died or was sick with disease in some way or another...Most workers are NOT knowledgable people about the trade...a lot of their stock are NOT captived reared...No matter how much you spend in there they do not repect their Customers...I bought a Coral Banded Shrimp there....Put it in my tank and 2 hours later it ate TWO of my micro brittle stars...I took him out and within the Third hour of purchasing him I brought him back to Fishtown for an exchange... Cathy(the owners daughter) stood there and told me they don't eat star fish and she would not take it back(3 hrs later) I told her I just watched it eat two star fish dont tell me they dont eat star fish and said to her that she speaks to her customers like they are morons...This is after spending Thousands in that store!!!!! and they know me...I used to be in there 2-3 times a week!!!!!Buying stuff.I paid 19 dollars for the shrimp and they gave me 6 dollar credit...can you believe it ? They SUCK!!!! I will never step foot in that store ever again..No wonder about 9 years ago someone walked in there and droped 1 small clorine tablet in each of their filtering systems wiping out everything...The animals did'nt deserve that but the Store Owners and staff DEFINATELY DID!!!!! Travel a little further and dont go to fishtown!!!!!.....

[ February 03, 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
AP #1 Drink a beer and get a hold of yourself :D
#2 Never trust the advice of a LFS
#3 You shouldn't spend thousands at a LFS when most equipment can be purchased online much cheaper.

I agree that much of their livestock is in poor health but I travel there once in a while to look at their new acros. Believe it or not you can really get some scores (like efflo colonies for $40) or just some really colorful acros for a standard price regardless of color. The trick is to get there for a new shipment before they have a chance to kill it ;)

Anyway, I do hear what you're saying and I understand why you wouldn't visit their shop again.

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i go to fish town all the time everytime i'm there i chill for like a hr there so i can really see how the stuff is doing in the tank and i never ever listen to them cuz they dont know what they talking about at all

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: