• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My other new toy/safeguard arrived today...woot!

IMAG0892.jpg

winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yea When do they come I just started my first reef tank I haven put threads about it cause I'm still learning but I love the color all ur coral got are you into the color or the types of coral you put

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yea When do they come I just started my first reef tank I haven put threads about it cause I'm still learning but I love the color all ur coral got are you into the color or the types of coral you put

I was told that I'd be getting tracking info in the morning and since they're only coming from Boston...shouldn't take but a few days. Oh ok...well there's plenty of great info on MR. I'd say all of it honestly...polyp extension, flow, coloration, etc.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Very nice work there, and nice chatting today. Don't think I'm gonna forget about the food. I just migh take up the offer next time visiting family

Thank you and definitely! You'll have to check out the new light too. My Dad would be beside himself entertaining, too. :( He grew his own grapes, made his own wine, fruit/veggies, hazlenuts...everything in a small city garden. You name it he could grow it. That was his passion as cooking/reefing are mine. I even have pictures of him putting my daughter's feet in the grapes when she was days old. I'd give anything to have him back. I know it's crazy, but I haven't even gotten to know any other Italians since I moved to NY. People were always begging him to cook for them. I always laughed at him growing up when he'd tell us the mold was broken with him...now that I'm an adult/parent myself...I have to agree. I've never seen another like him. He was 61 when I was born and I feel like I missed out on a lifetime of knowledge/time with him.

He carried these pics everywhere with him and bragged to everybody...

10133_1237949945923_3593906_n-1.jpg

10133_1237949985924_7156016_n.jpg

In tank related news...
With all of these competitions between LEDS/T5's...I'm up to something. Especially since these tanks are plumbed together and nobody has bought my T5's. I was discussing with a reefer buddy about doing my own little project with a few of the same size SPS frags between the top 30G display fuge and 40B. So that way it's a fair game being that it's a unified system...only difference will be lighting, obviously. My light should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. Let's just say I'm confident that my LED will outshine these T5's by a long shot. GHL changed the game in LED lighting...stay tuned...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Are you dosing ? If so what your using and what salt your using as well?

I use I.O. for now...switching to RC. I'm not dosing yet b/c I didn't need to since I only have a few pieces of SPS in my system...until this weekend that is...:party: Got a ridiculous amount of new stuff. So this tank has been running so far on weekly 5g water changes every Saturday, Kalk in the ATO and garbon/gfo changed on the first day of the month...every month...and of course macros red grape, blue octodes, caulerpa prolifera, dragon's breath and chaeto.

I have the two medical dosers that are listed in the first post of this thread and tons of esv bionic 2 part on hand to start dosing as needed. Picking up some esv mag, new test kits and a few other things to get ready for this that I ordered for p/u Sunday. My only issues is that one of the dosers has an alarm that needs to be deactivated...gotta find someone that can either tell me how to do it myself or help me out with it.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I use I.O. for now...switching to RC. I'm not dosing yet b/c I didn't need to since I only have a few pieces of SPS in my system...until this weekend that is...:party: Got a ridiculous amount of new stuff. So this tank has been running so far on weekly 5g water changes every Saturday, Kalk in the ATO and garbon/gfo changed on the first day of the month...every month...and of course macros red grape, blue octodes, caulerpa prolifera, dragon's breath and chaeto.

I have the two medical dosers that are listed in the first post of this thread and tons of esv bionic 2 part on hand to start dosing as needed. Picking up some esv mag, new test kits and a few other things to get ready for this that I ordered for p/u Sunday. My only issues is that one of the dosers has an alarm that needs to be deactivated...gotta find someone that can either tell me how to do it myself or help me out with it.

Got cha...thanks for the reminder I need to pick up some RC salt as well lol

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I am REALLY beyond disappointed in the dealer that I ordered my Mitras fixture from. It was the last one on the shelf that was "available for immediate shipping," as there is a 4-6 week wait period for another shipment from Germany. I paid for the fixture a full 5 days ago...a shipping label wasn't even created until yesterday but it still hasn't even been shipped. Not blaming GHL though because they have nothing to do with this. Not to mention the fact that this clown was beyond rude when he called me after I had to email him a second time to even get a response about the delay. Which is when I received a phone call that made me want to reach through the phone and smack this fool. For the $40 I was charged for shipping, this fixture should have been overnighted...PERIOD. I have no patience for ignorance and at this point...this is ignorant. If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted this light so bad, I'd cancel the order and spend my money elsewhere.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wow this tank is truely gonn spill over after the frag swap lol dot leave the house with more than u intend to spend!!!!!!!!!!! I did that and it hurt bad when I started counting my money and realized I went way over lol

Not to be rude and don't take it the wrong way but I'm beyond pissed about my light right now...fuming actually...so the swap...the tank or anything else is the last thing on my mind. Just ranting...not in a joking mood...sorry.

Not concerned at all with running out of space being that I have 2 30g tanks plumbed into my 40B...so there is more than enough room for the 15 or so frags of SPS I ordered.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Preordered for the swap (off the top of my head):
Red Milli
Ora Red Planet
Ora Tri-Color Valida
Aussie Yellow with pink tips
Bali Green Slimer
Tyree Pink Lemonade
ORA Pearlberry
Garf Purple Bonsai
Purple Polyped birdsnest
Tubbs Yellow Birdsnest

Also got:
6 Red Mangroves
Red Titan Macro Algae
4 polyps of Rasta's
Oysterfeast
Purple lephastrea
Some gorgs/fans

Also, got a second mp10...

There's more can't remember...still want a frag of setosa, a new maxima clam and want starter cultures of phyto and tisbe pods, display macros, a female green mandarin, etc.

EDIT: Setosa no longer needed...thank you!

Last edited:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
WOW - so much color! very nice!!! can't wait to see updated pics!

Thank you! Do you have a tank thread for the new 125?

Sorry to go off topic, but I can't let this day 11/17 pass without wishing my doggy a happy 6th birthday...he's more than a pet...he's family and stole my heart from day 1. Happy birthday Big Boy, mommy loves you!

Then:

11 weeks
34446_1512116039904_502327_n.jpg

34446_1512117159932_5937354_n1.jpg

Big boy and his little brother and bestfriend Mr. Bigglesworth:

60557_1621646218090_2078985_n.jpg

Now:
26143_1377344470699_4313326_n1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: