• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
228   0   0

Attachments

• IMAG1172.jpg
    IMAG1172.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 166

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
still building - sandy set me back a few wks. stressed the fish & corals - either melted or still shrunken...ARGH! at least your 40 is stock to the 9s!

Oh d@mn, I'm sorry to hear! Really! When your tank is ready...I'm willing to donate a few frags. So lmk.

My tank may be stocked to the 9's but I'm not happy with it at all...I'm a perfectionist and feel that it really has a long ways to go until it reaches the point that I want it at. Not to mention the never ending to do list. The xenia and blue cloves are driving me crazy on the left side of the tank, but I love my nem and I don't really want to set anything else that close to the nem. I don't have enough room.

I may end up doing a larger build in my living room because I just do not have the room that I need to really scape/place things the way I want. Plus, I'm growing more and more attached to my tang and know he's just not suitable for this tank long term.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
if you follow my footsteps, i transferred my 2 40BRs under my 125. one full of macros & the other full of rubble rock/LR plus skimmer = ~180G volume. =)

Nice...if I go big...I'm going with a custom made tank. I would want it to span the wall of my living room...put the kids up for adoption (jk)....and make their rooms one nice a$$ sump room. Something like Chingchai's setup when it comes to the cleanliness is what I'd go for...methodical and very well planned. It would be epic.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nice...if I go big...I'm going with a custom made tank. I would want it to span the wall of my living room...put the kids up for adoption (jk)....and make their rooms one nice a$$ sump room. Something like Chingchai's setup when it comes to the cleanliness is what I'd go for...methodical and very well planned. It would be epic.

I want to see that one!lol

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I want to see that one!lol

Hehehe...it doesn't hurt for a girl to dream! lol I want to buy my own house first, and of course will need a lotto winning of epic proportions. I would want all the best tech goodies. Maybe I should start a sketch book of ideas for this build. :teeth:

Will you be at the swap tomorrow?

Your tank is soooooo pretty! Congrats

Thank you! Please pm me a list of anything and everything that you want frags of, please...not taking no for an answer. I want to give them time to heal while you get your tank back in order. There's a list of swap purchases as well if you're interested in frags of any of those. Would you be interested in my yellow tang as well? I want him to go to a home where he'll be loved.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
+100. chinhchai is over the top!

I could have my custom acrylic sump, fuge, skimmer everything pimped out in pink or maybe green or both...

Chingchai is definitely my reefing hero when it comes to equipment and setup. Not to mention the fact that he is so humble about it. He doesn't rub in anyone's face what he's spent and politely turns down the constant inquiries about it. He even welcomes visitor's from around the world to visit his tank. How many of us have live in tank maintenance workers, too? I guess I could train the kid's, but someone would cry about child labor. lol He's going to be at Macna '13 in Miami and my little sister lives on south beach, and I've never been to visit...so it's time. I, personally, would've thrown frags in there to show what my system was capable of instead of throwing in full blown colonies. That's me though, and yeah...I know enormous tank would've taken forever with the size frags we get, but the end results would've been epic.

Rating - 100%
228   0   0
my dream is to move to hawaii & my basement would be a section of the shoreline. at least 24" thick sheet of acrylic built into the lava. 25-30' wide & 15' tall looking our into the reef. i can even swim with the fishes in my spare time. my kids would collect new shells on the beach every day. my wife would be shopping or napping. =)

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
my dream is to move to hawaii & my basement would be a section of the shoreline. at least 24" thick sheet of acrylic built into the lava. 25-30' wide & 15' tall looking our into the reef. i can even swim with the fishes in my spare time. my kids would collect new shells on the beach every day. my wife would be shopping or napping. =)

That would be crazy...

I've been up rescaping the middle of the tank to make room for the new goodies and started to clear some of the softies out of 40B and into the macro tank...too excited to sleep...replaced a piece of rock too...

Edit: Next on the wishlist/to-do list is to get my apex and some BRS pukani rock...

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hehehe...it doesn't hurt for a girl to dream! lol I want to buy my own house first, and of course will need a lotto winning of epic proportions. I would want all the best tech goodies. Maybe I should start a sketch book of ideas for this build. :teeth:

Will you be at the swap tomorrow?
YES

Thank you! Please pm me a list of anything and everything that you want frags of, please...not taking no for an answer. I want to give them time to heal while you get your tank back in order. There's a list of swap purchases as well if you're interested in frags of any of those. Would you be interested in my yellow tang as well? I want him to go to a home where he'll be loved.
It is going to be quite a while!:) I told hubby the tank will only have rocks in it until he gets a generator.;) Preferably an 18K standby one, but I'll be happy with a smaller one so I can keep my babies safe.;) Just don't tell him I said that.lol

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It is going to be quite a while!:) I told hubby the tank will only have rocks in it until he gets a generator.;) Preferably an 18K standby one, but I'll be happy with a smaller one so I can keep my babies safe.;) Just don't tell him I said that.lol

I'm sure he will get it sooner than later! Us ladies always get what we want in the end...one day they will learn to do these things without being asked! lol

It was soooooooo nice to meet you! You're the sweetest lady in the world with a great sense of humor! So, just to let you know...you've been officially adopted! :hug:

In tank related news...

MY NEW LIGHTS ARRIVED!! (My apologies for screaming but I'm that excited)

:pimp::spin:

Oh eff yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

IMAG0928.jpg

IMAG0930.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You are so sweet!!!!!!!!! It was a totally awesome to finally have the pleasure to meet you!!! Hope to see you again some time soon!:)
Congrats on your new lights.;)
You are one awesome young lady!!!!

Be blessed every day of your life!:hug:

Awi

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You are so sweet!!!!!!!!! It was a totally awesome to finally have the pleasure to meet you!!! Hope to see you again some time soon!:)
Congrats on your new lights.;)
You are one awesome young lady!!!!

Be blessed every day of your life!:hug:

Awi

I'm definitely gonna have to kidnap you and some of the other local lady reefers for some good food (not to pat myself on the back, but yeah...I'm that good...lol) and some reef talk. Plus, since we have a mutual friend I will have to bend some arms to get you here!

:hug:

Oooh shiny new toy. :D
Time to hang that bad boy up.

I know right...this is so much more invigorating than our FW days! lol I don't know how I'm going to hang it yet. Trying to decide!! Btw...the boyfriend will be told that this light costs $40...yes...4-0...let it be known and written. lol :shhh::D I would definitely be on the sh*t list for this one, otherwise. If anyone spills the beans I will break kneecaps...I mean frags. lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: