• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I added some sand to the tank last night. I didn't want a deep sand bed, so I only put in about an inch. It looks good and that's all I want outta it.
I finally got to meet Gary today and he hooked me up with an Aqueon 1250 and 500! The flow is much better in my tank now. I'm gonna use the 500 in my fuge going opposite the flow. Thanx again Gary!
I grabbed some more salt and should have the whole system operating by mid week. The 20 gets switch over on Saturday :D Pix to come

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The system is up and running! :D:D I still have a couple of little things to do but that will have til wait until tomorrow when I switch everything over from the 20. The light hanging kit, at and about 25 lbs of rock are coming over from there. Here's some pics for now
CAM00500.jpg

CAM00499.jpg

CAM00498.jpg

CAM00501.jpg

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok, I switched everything over last night. When I went to hang my fixture, I noticed that the hanging kit was rigged onto the 24" fixture with screws. I have to find the right size studs to make it work on my 48" fixture. I had the tank with no lights until I came home tonight. I placed a couple of 2 X 6 on top and laid my light on it for now. The corals were alot happier once the light came on :) I still have to do some aquascaping. I have a couple of pieces of rock in my sump that's gonna go on the right side of the tank where I have the pipe organ. Here's some pics for now
CAM00503.jpg

CAM00505.jpg

CAM00506.jpg

CAM00507.jpg

CAM00504.jpg

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I got a new fishy :) I strayed from my original stocking plan. I noticed I have nudis in my tank and I'm pretty sure they are the zoa eating variety. I decided to look around and find an nice fish that will also work for me lol. I picked up a red lined wrasse. I love this fish already :) He was eating after being in the tank for 5 mins
I'm including a stock photo from liveaquaria because my pic sux lol
CAM00628-1.jpg

p-75821-redline-wrasse.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: