• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Regarding the garbage bag technique- I wanted to do that myself but then remembered reading that its best to put rock down before the sand so you dont have to worry about anything digging under the rock and toppling it. So I did that and of course and am still waiting for the sandstorm to clear a few days later.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
Regarding the garbage bag technique- I wanted to do that myself but then remembered reading that its best to put rock down before the sand so you dont have to worry about anything digging under the rock and toppling it. So I did that and of course and am still waiting for the sandstorm to clear a few days later.

I did that garbage bag routine over four years ago. Nothing has fallen over and I have plenty of sand sifters. You just need to push the LR down to the bottom of the glass/acrylic when you're aquascaping.

Here's a shot of the tank aquascaped the same day. Still no sandstorm and the LR is all the way down to 'terra firma'.

Sorry for the hijack John. No more pix from me.

swimmer

Attachments

• aquascaped.jpg
    aquascaped.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 362

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So we finaly setup the tank. Phil, Hov, Thank you very much for the help. They actually did all the aquascaping by themselves as I was fighting with the lack of space in the stand. The only thing I changed is some of the coral placement... Other than that.... MICHIE AND IT LOVE IT AND WE'RE NOT CHANGING ANYTHING!!!!!:hug:

Jim... Now I know how you felt being stuffed in the stand.... IT SUX!!!!!!!!I'm a dumb ass for setting it up this way:banghead: I should have made a bigger stand.... 5 - 10" in all directions would have made a world of a Diff.

anyway... enough with the :bablefish:bablefish. Lets get to the pix...

Here are some progression pix of under the stand:

This is how jim left me:
2008_0316london-tank_plumbing0048.jpg

Calc reactor test fitting:

2008_0323100g-square0004.jpg

Skimmer and 2 phosband reactors:

2008_0323100g-square0002.jpg

Now... she is stuffed!!!!!!

2008_0323100g-square0008.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
450   2   0
John, I know first hand the space constraints under there. With all the rest of the equipment it makes the initial plumbing job look spacious!! :Yikes:

As far as the aquascaping, it looks absolutely outstanding. Great job Filly & Hov. Kudos to you both. I'm really feeling the rock work.

swimmer

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So... Last night I put the door on and this morning it was Hot and humid in the stand. soooo I had to add a fan.... just finished... came out a little lop sided but that's ok. Tomorrow, I'll work on putting another one of these over the sump

2008_0323100g-square0033.jpg

2008_0323100g-square0034.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: