Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
That’s amazing to have a log book from so many years ago. I agree that there is just too much misguided information on the internet which takes away from the learning process.

Curious, what does your hippo tank eat? Not that I have one - I’ve only got a 10 gallon tank with a pair of clownfish that seem to be ready to spawn. I may give the worm food a shot.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Oh Nooooo. Dead fish!!!!!

My wife and I came back from Costco a little while ago and when I looked in my tank!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAhhhhhhhhh, I saw something yellow sticking out from under a rock....... My yellow tang......Dead!!!!

OMG, I never have a dead fish. What will I do....My reputation is shot and I will have to go and eat worms, maybe stick my head in the dolomite at the bottom of my tank...

Then as I reached for the net, I realized........I don't have a yellow tang.

I looked closer and noticed, it was a mangrove tree leaf. I am baby sitting 4 mangrove plants in my tank for someone and I guess a leaf fell off.

Oh Well, catastrophe averted. :p
Leaf.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Someone asked me about fancy gadgets on my tank.

AS you probably figured out, I don't have any fancy gadgets and if I did, I wouldn't be able to figure them out.

Just yesterday I am trying to get Covid shots for my wife and myself so I had to take a picture of my insurance card and put it on this on line form. The shot is free so I think they just want my information to see if I know how to do it. And I don't.

I am using my wife's newer computer and printer. I put the card in the printer and my education ends there as the rest of it is above my pay scale. I am hitting all the buttons and screaming at the thing in three languages. It is asking me stupid questions like do I want Jpeg or other initials which I have no idea about. I just want a picture of the thing and put it on my computer somewhere where I can find it. That never happens.

I want a printer like those "Jitterbug" phones they give old, senile people. The phones with the big numbers and all they do is let you call an EMS worker to say you've fallen and can't get up or is it time for my blue pill or the red one.

I want a printer with a big "ON and OFF" switch right in the middle of the thing. A real switch that goes up and down, not a lit up icon with a smiley face on it. Then I want to put on it whatever I want to scan and push a big red button that says "SCAN". Don't give me any choices as to the size, Landscape, vertical, color, black and white, "Fit to screen" etc. Just a big "SCAN" button. Nothing else. Especially nothing that says Bluetooth. I will just connect a wire to it, thank you very much. I mean the stupid thing is right next to the computer, how lazy can you be? Bend down and plug a wire in it.

After it scans, I want whatever I scanned, "exactly" like I scanned it to go, just as it is, to the middle of my computer screen. No place else. Even if the computer is off, I want it to go there. I don't want to file it, save it, name it, crop it, rotate it, E Mail it as that never works because you get a message saying "your computer is not configured to E Mail at this time call the Manager". The manager of what? Burger King?

Is that to much to ask for?
I went down to my Man cave where I have my Windows 7 computer. It still looks new because I put lemon oil all over the wooden sides of it. I push scan, the thing scanned and went right on my computer screen just like I wanted. No questions, no abbreviations, no sizes, colors etc.

This process only took the better part of one day so I am happy. But I still can't get Covid shots.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got my Geezer Covid shot this morning. The Lady next to me was 103 years old. She was nice but what I didn't like about her, is that, she looked better than I do. :confused:

A Supermodel gave me the shot so i was all excited. After the shot you have to wait there for 15 minutes. While I was waiting, I asked her if she would like to go for a cup of caramel Latte across the street at Starbucks. She didn't. During that time, If you grow two heads, turn orange or drop dead they are supposed to inform some Government agency. Probably the "Men in Black".

So far nothing happened to me and I stopped looking in the mirror to see if I grew any hair.

No luck yet. Now I have to start getting up in the middle of the night to see If I can get my wife the shot as it isn't easy. There are like 7,000,000 people here on Long Island and they have only one Supermodel give one shot at a time, then fill out paper work for 15 minutes while another person, maybe a 103 year old person waits there. I told them to take her first. Every minute for her is valuable.

I know there is a shortage of Supermodels but I think anyone can give this shot as long as they have a nice personality. I wonder if you have to go to high school to know how to do this because it seems pretty simple to me. :cool:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I got my first shot last week at Jones Beach Field #3. It’s very well organized and the line moves fast. Just have IDs, your appointment printout and a pen for the paperwork to fill out. After the vaccine they give you a card and the second shot appointment date. Also I thought I was at the track because a guy using a marker wrote a time on my windshield....LOL it’s because they won’t let you leave for about15-20 minutes to monitor you for any reactions before driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am surprised you got the shot..was it because of the supermodel?
Of course, I bought my last three cars from Supermodels. I will buy anything from a pretty girl. Yes, I am very shallow.

Andy I got it at a CVS. I am trying everyplace to get my wife a shot. They are available in Pottsburg something near Canada. By the time I got there, she would be ready for her second shot. ?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Today I picked up a little long nose butterfly and a smallish filefish from two different LFSs
The filefish immediately went in the back so i can't get a picture of him. I was a little concerned if my Copperband would get along with the slightly smaller long nose but so far they seem like best friends.

Both fish were cheap. Of course before I put them in my tank, I fresh water dipped them in a bucket with tree stump remover, Prizapro, Peroxide and hydrogen sulfide. I kept them in there for 74 days then gently rubbed them with "Brillo" to make sure they didn't have any flukes or flounders, then I added a bit of Milk of Magnesia in case they were constipated or had intestinal worms or if their intestinal worms were constipated...........NOT

Longnose and Copperband.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I found my new filefish in the back of my tank, he is picking on all the sponges back there but it is dark and I can't get a picture of him. If he comes to the front I will see if I can get him to pose. The long nose ate right away. When he was in the bag in front of my tank he relaxed. He took one look at my tank and started smiling.

I immediately fed him and he ate clams, mysis and live worms.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got a Covid shot for my wife yesterday at Walgreens but OMG I never seen people work so slow in my life. Her appointment was for 1:00. We got there a little early at 12:30 because we don't exactly live across the street.
There was an older guy there giving someone a shot and were were next. The guy giving the shot gets up and leaves. He didn't say anything to us and there was no one else there.

We are waiting like 20 minutes and I see someone working there so I asked her whats up?

She told me "He went to lunch". He didn't see me standing 3' from him for half an hour and he couldn't tell us he was going to lunch. I thought maybe he went outside to sell his car or start a flash mob while singing the theme song from Dr. Zhivago.

Then he came back and it was about 1:15 so he is 15 minutes late. Maybe he had a little gas and wanted to digest.
I watched him and I never saw anyone move so slow. He finally started to fill the needle at 2:00.
At 2:15 he finished filling the needle. Maybe you have to fill it one drop at a time.

Then he started carrying the needle towards us, closer,,,,closer,,,,one step at a time,,,Then he turned around and went back behind the counter.
Maybe he got an offer on his car.....

At 2:30 he slowly, and I mean slowly started to walk back. This time I walked next to him in case he fell.

He sat down and asked my wife some questions like her birthday which was on the form in his hand that I filled out last week.

He lifted the needle and aimed it at my wife's arm and,,,and,,,My wife asks him a question. I said NNNNNnnnnnnoooooooo. Forget that. Just give her the shot..........

He wants to answer the question.
3:15 we were on our way home so it only took about 3 hours for a 15 second shot. You younger people will be in the 75 year old range when they get around to giving you the shot.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
SPOTS. Oh NNNooooooo,,,, Spots. It's horrible.

No not on my fish, don't be silly my fish are immune. I took my new Jeep to breakfast with my main squeeze and from all the snow there is ice all over my windows and the car is just full of spots. Most of them are salt and I can't just wipe it off because it will scratch and it is to cold to use the hose. :p

The two fish I added last week are fine. The long nose butterfly is best friends with my copperband but the filefish seems to be a loner. He loves picking on the mulm at the sides and back of the tank. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: