Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Domboski you are correct. Now that I look at it that crab in the picture is what we call green crabs and they used to be under any rock by the hundreds. That picture is probably 15 years old. Those crabs were replaced by Japanese Shore Crabs (hemigraspis) about that time. They were accidently imported in bilge water from Japanese freighters in NY harbor. There are virtually no more green crabs around anymore.
Hemigraspus crabs are better looking but they do climb out of the tank as I find them all over the place luckilly my wife never found any. They are not bad looking and I could fill a five gallon pail with them in a few minutes.
I guess I should look more closely before I post a picture. I should know those crabs as I tried to warn the authorities when they were taking over the Sound but they just thought I was crazy and no one knew what I was talking about. A crab is a crab.

Bob there was no filter on the tank with the baby octopus. I just changed the water. When they would try to fight a brine shrimp, they would wrap their arms around it and ink. Really cute.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: