Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Post pics of your octopus here even though I only know of 2 people with them maybe there will be more some day... But I guess it would have to updated every 3 to 6 months lol...(Average life span)
Him and his tank mates..

Attachments

• 100_2457.jpg
    100_2457.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Domboski, that octopus is living with seahorses and other fish? Thats amazing Ive always been told they must be kept by themselves, and SEAHORSES, amazing. Really cool stuff all, i cant wait to see more

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Ahhh that's what I'm talking about ....Dom nice octopus and footage...

Here's his home.. He's alot smaller than yours... The shrimp tankmate stole his krill dinner but he had eaten 2 before I decided to to a pic... But I'll get one of him eating....lol Can you find him..

Attachments

• 100_2490.jpg
    100_2490.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 374

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Sorry guys but when you mention octopus this comes to mind. It's delicious
Marinated Octopus

Tradition Greek style octopus in marinade.

Ingredients:
1/2CupLemon Juice 2MediumOctopus 1CupOlive Oil 1TablespoonOregano Greek Oregano1TeaspoonPepper 2TeaspoonRosemary 1CupWine Vinegar 1LargeYellow Onions ChoppedDirections:
  • Place octopus in a large pan with plenty of water and boil for 2 hours.
  • Remove from heat; wash and remove the skin.
  • Cut in desired size pieces.
  • In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the lemon juice, and add octopus.
  • Mix well, cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
  • When ready to serve, stir in the lemon juice.
J/k best of luck with those escape artists .Maybe one day I'll get one, not for consumption though.Overall very nice.\ and different:D

Last edited:

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I've had many , a shy vulgaris and dwarf they were like not having one you never saw them unless you looked at night with a red light , I also had a few bimacs they were the best great personality but only lived 6 months to a little over a year but this is my favorite one I don't have to feed it or do any water changes just apply some sun screen once in a while

Attachments

• mannytattoo.jpg
    mannytattoo.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 216

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I am in SF, but will be at the swap in April. Super fun!

Here is one of my last octos, and my obligatory disclaimer about them:

The size of Wunderpus photogenicus populations in the wild is unknown, and it is unclear what effect their collection will have on those populations. Little is known about what they need to survive in the wild, and even less is known about what they need to live well in the aquarium. After much wrestling with this issue, I urge even experienced ceph-keepers to think long and hard before bringing one into the home aquarium. Many cephalopod enthusiasts feel that the wunderpus shouldn?t even be collected for the trade at least until more scientific research has been done on the species. Though I agree with this sentiment, the realty of the Marine Ornamental industry is that these animals will continue to appear in the trade. It is my hope that those that are interested in these animals, but do not rush out to buy them.

coolswimming.jpg

I also have a bunch of cuttlefish, Sepia bandensis:

DSC_7425_cuttlewithdime.jpg

DSC_7225_2.jpg

More info cab be found at www.DaisyHillCuttleFarm.org and www.wunderpus.net

:D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: