NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Aquarium village gets them often.Nice fish I wanted one but was talked out of it everyone says too hard to keep don't know why I'd like to try any suggestions?

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
How are they hard to keep? As long as you have a closed lid it should be fine right? They take to food easy right? Does anyone in this form have them?

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
They like the water on the cooler side also you need the right substrate. Super grade by CaribSea which is a blend of Special Grade Arogonite and crushed corals so they can build a borrow. As for feeding I do think they are a little tricky to get eating but not too sure the requirements as I have never kept one. Yes they definitely are jumpers. Another guess I have and what I treat all my fish for is internal parasites. Its a symbiotic relationship in the wild but in the home aquarium can come out of balance and even if the fish is eating be a reason why they don't do well or die.

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Oh I didn't think they were hard fish to keep. I thought just needed a super tight lid with no spaces for them to jump. Thanks for the info

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i had one, lasted 6 months or so. seemed to be doing well, eating then died.
he was eating frozen but you had to get the food down to him, he wouldn't come up and eat with tank mates. a nice fish but made a mess with the sand, i don't think i would get another because of that and a pain to feed it.
i also read they like colder water as mentioned, and don't do well in the long run.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I loved this fish so much that I tried 3 of them at $75 a pop
Never lasted too long but that was in a 75 gal I might try one in my new 220 hoping the lg tank will keep them from jumping but wouldn't count on it

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
when i had mine he disappeared for 3 weeks, so i figured he died. i was cleaning my sump in the basement and their he was alive and well. he jumped into the over flow, down to the sump and into a 12" sock, i have no idea how he got out of the sock, as the top is above the water level.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
just got an email from aquatic obsessions in avenel, nj they have them for $79.99 if your on their email list. but i think he will give it to you for that price. will is a reasonable guy.

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Edd thanks a lot. Not sure if I want to go the route of shipping tho. I would rather pick him up. I will look into it tho. Thanks again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: