Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Not too sure bud. with the ammount your loosing i dont think it is. do what i said before at night keep an eye on them tonight see if anything goes missing.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Current fish: Purple tang (big purp), sailfin tang (Sally), blue hippo tang (dory), yellow eye kole tang (kole train), niger trigger (trigs), leopard wrasse (Lola), melanurus wrasse (daisy) diamond goby (goby)

Yes I do have a few big pods.... Do they eat zoas?

I try my best to go at night and look at it... But while I'm there nothing happens.. It is killing me. Me and my brother have been taking bets on what will disappear next..... Any takers? Lol

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I have experienced the same, what I found is that blue hippo was eating my high-end zoas(yes you read that right). Other tangs followed in his direction. Was able to fix all that by removing him. Additionally, had a problem with my amphipods where they too where picking them off at night. Fixed that problem by getting a yellow coris wrasse. If they are disappearing over night then most definitely some critters/pest.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I really don't think it can be my hippo. She goes in as soon as the light goes out and doesn't come out until the next day. I never see her at night. I not saying that wasn't your problem but I don't think it is mine.

Now a pest sounds like that could be it.... But if it was a pest wouldn't all my zoas be gone? This all started right before the Frag swap and since then it has been one almost every night. And it really seems only to be on the bottom right of my tank. No one thinks it's the crabs? I think it is my crabs ?? but I can't get them out. Been trying forever anyone have a idea how to get them out now.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yea.... My golden ding dongs looked like they were starting to melt I'm the bottom of my tank so I moved them up.. Later that night I seen one of the crabs on him and most of the polyps were gone.

I have 4 emerald crabs 2
Of them got really big. They have been in there for 6-7 months.

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Like I said, if it's over night then definitely not fish. Google amphipods eating zoanthids and you will get few videos. If you want to catch your crabs put together a cage from egg crate and use some Algae Wafers by Hikari (petco has it) they go nuts for it. Now I can't say it's the crabs or not, since sometimes thing like a tang eating zoanthids seem unreal until you personally witness it for yourself. Definitely dip and closely inspect the zoas for pest and their eggs ( most likely you won't find amphipods because they will be gone as soon as you touch the frag). Let us know how things tube out.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just watched a video on amphipods eating zoas. And I defiantly have them in my tank how do I get rid of them? Anything other then a fish? I haven't added any fish since I started the tank plus I think I'm at my fish max.

I also just seen a nudi in my other tank eat a zoa so I guess it would be safe to say I have them too. Even tho I think they may have been on the zoas I just got in and have only been it that tank.

How does this dipping work? Never have done it. But will this be like dipping a fish for ich? It may get what's on it off but others maybe or are still in the tank and when I put the frag back will just go on it again? Do I dip them and then just put them back in my tank or do I need to setup another tank?

This is really drastic!! I was a lot happier when I thought it was just some crabs! Lol now my tank went from having a crab problems to HIV infected! HELP me please lol

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What if I leave my led strip on all night? Will they not come out since there is light? Will that have any effects on my tank? I'm sure right? This is really bananas!! Everything was going so well!

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
hard to say bro. i wouldnt want to tell you one thing and its another issue. Nudi's hide during the day in the (ROCKS) dont get scared. never had them thank god. But ive never delt with the problem my self. Do some research on the computer threw google. and read your butt off. i dont want to give you any wrong advice. im sure people on here have had a nudi problem before.

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Always dip your Coral, doesn't matter who you get it from friends, family etc.. Dipping works very easy, you take them out mix in desired solution (coralrx)with some aquarium water and place coral inside, it's recommended to use a turkey blaster to blow off pests. Afterwords, rinse with clean aquarium water. What you would want to do is also inspect it for nudibranch eggs, they look like tiny white specs laid in a spiral. Yellow choris wrasse is probably the best hunter for similar pest.

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Nothing disappeared last night but I left my blue LEDs on all night. Is that bad?

I also went out today and bought the coralRX and a yellow corris wrasse. What corals should I dip? All of them? Lobo? Candy cane? Leathers? Never done this before looking for any kind of tips or tricks from people who have. Thank you in advanced!

SirReefalot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I guess what ever is eating my zoas ate my green polyp leather??? Just noticed it but almost his whole stem is gone!!! Wtf!!?? He has been looking like **** for the past few weeks I guess this is why? Will nudibranches eat this? Or amphipods? HELP everything is starting to die :'(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: