ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
i hear you with the natural look of a reef but if everyone wanted that 10k MH would be the only bulbs recommended.it gives it the look of the natural sea and better growth.LED and t-5 with blue actinics would not be sold.i love the look of a colorful reef as do many others just trying to get the colors out is a challenge.

I'm not sure if I'm wrong here.... But when u scuba dive I believe the water turns blue in color very fast!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i tried doseing kalk awhile back before i had any SPS to get my PH up and its been stable since may.i started adding my corals around june.my PH has been stable ever since so i havent added any kalk.but i was reading how kalk can stick to phosphates and reduce PO4.i know my PO4 is high with the amount of brown dino in the sand bed even though im running a phos reactor.thinking of adding a less then regular dose of kalk to my top off water so i dont raise my PH and see if that has any effect on the dino

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I dose 2 part only and do weekly 15% WCs. I try to keep everything (temp, salinity, alk, calk, ph, mag, flow, lighting cycle, feeding) as consistent as possible and have had very good results. It is not a hard thing to do once you hit that sweet spot, getting there is the hard part. :)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Its helping.its not on the rocks but stil in the sand.i usually dose on wed but i ran out so im dosing it again tomorrow.i notice it helps alot the next day and 3 days that follow.during the 4th and 5th day i notice it coming back.im hoping once it takes it will be gone.it ws not bad on the rocks more on the sand bed

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
KZ Pohl's Xtra
KZ Coral Vital
KZ Zeobac

Occasionally:
Distilled Vinegar - light doses
KZ Pot-Io-Flo (PIF)
KZ Sponge Power
K Balance or Brightwell's Potassium - light doses
KZ Bio Mate
Prodibio Biodigest - every 4-6 weeks

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Prodibio biodigest/tim every 2 weeks
vinegar-10ml every day
KZ vitalizer every other day
Elos aminos once or twice a week ( very concentrated product)
KZ Biomate twice a week
3 -part dosing using BRS salt with Trace B Elements from FM

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
ed do you follow the direction on doing everyday with the pohls xtra,coral vital and zeo bac
mshur when you dose vinegar are you dilluding it in water before adding or do you go straight into the sump.also the prodibio biodigest is that similar to the zeozyme im dosing

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I follow the instructions for the amount metered into the tank, but not the printed frequency. I don't dose all of these daily. I stagger between CV and Xtra daily (CV one day, Xtra next day, CV day after, etc.). I dose Zeobac twice weekly.

mshur is right - both are probiotics, but Zeozym is considered to be a bacterial agent to break down mulm and detritus into a form that skimmers and carbon can export out of the water, or so they say. But it does seem to work well, I suppose :)

BD is a bac agent that reduces phosphates and nitrates, using an organic carbon source as the spark (vinegar, vodka, that smelly brown liquid inside those Biotim ampoules).

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
mshur what size tank do you have.i know very little about dosing vinegar.i know it supposed to break up phos and bring down nitrates is this correct.will dosing vinegar bring down dkh.i read vodka can wondering if vinegar is the same principle

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
i have 200+ g tank , but i under dose vinegar due to dosing Prodibio. i dose vinegar for bac diversity only. if you planning to dose vinegar you need to dose accorning your tank size .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: