Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Mine is responsive as of this morning before I left so maybe a fwd when I get home. Ill just need to get some ph buffer.

You can spot feed by cutting a 1gallon water container in half and attaching a hose to it. Then surround the clam entirely and feed. You can try phyto. This is what I did and have seen done in the past. It helps target and keep other critters away.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
thats not right. He should honor the sale price. Why should u spend $100 more for more risk..? Spending $100 more doesn't guarantee the replacement will be any different. My opinion.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was made the same offer. Add to the price difference a shipping charge of $37...

Well, at least they are willing to extend credit. BUT- I am not thrilled and probably will NOT spend an extra $140-200 to get a replacement, I can pick one up locally for about the same, if not less, and I wont have to put the clam through the stress of being shipped.

Alfred

thats not right. He should honor the sale price. Why should u spend $100 more for more risk..? Spending $100 more doesn't guarantee the replacement will be any different. My opinion.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Ok so I have had a Ron of clams for years.. Nothing but great luck.. I do have a maxima 6 inches that I placed in my wt to sell.. After a week of bring in qt it has some pinched mantle.. I dipped it in few last night 20 min.. It might have helped a little.. Then guess what I did today?
Dipped him in revive (I have dipped all my corals in coral rx, these clams experts are not experts lol! So placed him for 20 min in revive.. He opened up and now I'll wait a few days to see if this will help him.. Then he is going bk in md... Or let's see if the md helps him out.. I'll keep an update.. But not sure if either of these dips helped the clam out.

Dr. Mac

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hi folks,
Sorry that some folks had an issue with clams purchased at the swap. Initially we offered a replacement via our site, since we are sold out of clams and not sure we will have more before the new year we will offer you the amount you paid for the clam toward anything you wish to buy on our site. If you had contacted us after the swap with an issue with a clam then Please contact us at the store on Friday to arrange for credit, 877-887-5224.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Well, I dipped the clam for 30 minutes in the exact same temp/ph as my tank for 30 minutes and swirled him along with the water every 5 minutes. He opened up around 1/8th an inch and remained open 1/8th an inch the entire time. I removed him, placed him back in the tank and he stayed closed for around an hour. He now is peaking out a little and i can see his mouth moving. Hopefully he makes it. Really would hate to loose him.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Dr. Mac:

I appreciate the offer, but really, all I want is a nice ultra maxima. ;) I never would have paid close to $200 for one but bought it at the swap because it was a great deal. Placing an order and paying $37 shipping for $70 of credit does not make sense.

I really hope that the clam recovers. I am going to try the fresh water dip and I also purchased freeze dried phytoplankton (ESV). A few people have said that the clam may have been "starved" because of all of the shipping time with little time to recover in between.

Frankly, I don't know what is wrong with it, I just know that I have a beautiful animal in my care that is in distress and may die.

When I bought my clam I asked you if it were possible for you to note that it was sold and mine and that I would pick it up at the end. You assured me that it being in a bag for the day would not be a problem because you used Oxygen, etc.

Anyway, last thing I want to do is give you a bad name with all of these messages (I have tried to avoid them, I only posted today because I was trying to get ideas on how to save the clam), because you really did have a fantastic offer at the swap. It is unfortunate that many of the clams had problems. How many days were they at your facility before you packed them up for the swap?

Best,

Alfred

Dr. Mac

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
When you called me yesterday one other option I mentioned is that you can get credit at the next swap if that works better for you. Normally items sold at a swap are not guaranteed since everyone has the chance to see and pick out the items themselves and we have no control over the handling of the items once they leave our booth and that time can lead to a lot of stress to the animals and is beyond our control. However, we have offered replacement for anyone with problems from this last swap, if that is not to your preferrence then call us Friday and we will arrange for a credit in whatever way is to your liking. No one is please when animals die, but unfortunately it happens at times when dealing with livestock despite our best efforts to minimize or eliminate. We will do whatever you wish so that you feel satisfied about your experience.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: