• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Although Phosphates can be introduced through bad water and certain products it's mainly caused by foods and other nutrient sources. Also by the salt mixes and lots of other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Shananagans

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well, after reading all 7 pages, I was going to pick up a via aqua 20 poly reactor and some npx beads, but now I'm not to sure. I would be super pissed if my tank crashed from it. I have a 57g tanks with a fuge, I read that 550ml is for 75g, so I am assuming that I would use alittle les then the 550ml then, esp from what I am reading. I don't want to add to many beads and have an issue. I am also not sure if the reactor will keep the beads moving enough as I was I heard ti could be very bacd if they are not mvoing enugh.

I was dosing micro7 and bio fuel, but felt like I was just dumping random amounts in. I wanted to do the beads as it is no maint, and would be consistent.

I have been to 2ppls houses that use the beads and their tanks look great.

I have seen many pos and neg to these, what I am wondering is why the results are not consistent?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
The way i see it its new to alot of people and if not done properly you will get bad results same with zeovit very says oww becarefull you will crash your tank if you dont know what your doing . Wrong you cant crash your tank from using zeo even if you do it wrong . So follow the instrution to the T you should be fine this is what i am starting to see.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
salt is ocianic and the po4 is zero.

I do if not feed almost at all.

I dose the mb7 and biofule

my trates are 0

I am using salt buckets (thanks bat for catching that one) so I have no po4 leaching.

I know I have the algie cause of the dosing I am doing but other then that , I am going to try the bio pellets.

Now what is a good reactor to use.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if u truelly had zero phosphates your sps would die, you need a certain amount of phos in the tank for corals. why not just buy a better skimmer to help with nutrients ? or do larger or more often water change's

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i was never really a fan of the mb7 and bio fuel used half a bottle of each and gave the rest away, like i said ive tried most stuff ect zeo and the pellets and never achieved nothing i couldnt with water changes

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yes, even the most gorgeous Zeovit tank of the months have PO4 readings of .01-.03. Trace amounts of phosphorus is necessary.

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Harry thank you for getting me on these pellets b/c i just sleep better at night now even if it does not work,LOL my hana meter keeps reading .00 at my office and my house tank today read .11 in just 1 week for both tanks read .07 and 2.5

Thats a real drop! I bet it was a feeding frenzy in your tank with these carbon based type bacteria. Congrats on the ultra low phosphates.

You've now are part of the ULNS Club!
(Ultra Low Nutrient system)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I ordered Vertex ProPackage 2
Pro Biopellets 1000ml
Vertex UF-20 Reactor Monday. Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. Aloha tropics did tell me to leave my old reactors in for a couple of weeks for Bio pellets to build up.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok after all this talk I decided I should try some pellets out to see for myself what all the fuss is about.

I ordered a Liter of the Warner Marine pellets and will mesh mod one of my Precision Marine Reactors. If it really works as advertised it could be cheaper and less maintenance than GFO.

I will be watching my corals very closely and quite honestly I am a bit nervous.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I finally finishing thiS thead......and Im still un sure.....I feel like it ment fir cutting corners...I'm no expert, far from it actually, but like nyreefnoob said; low p04 and n03 can be reach by traditional methods.....I think I'll pass on these for a while, saving for my BM NAC9 that will easily handle my bio load lol. My current parameters are hi Nitrates, .03 po4, so it not that nessisary for me....IMO

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: