salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Good, sound like you go in the right direction, but try to find up , why you got so much PO4, rinse frozen food, better flow, try to blow the Rocks, siphon the sand, dose some Bac 7, i love that product, etc.
i still dont know why it spiked that much but everything is thriving go figure , i was at tusi yesterday and he also had an issue with po4 although his was around 10 and then he added some drops of med i forgot the name but it dropped his po4 to .005 in 24 hours( the most that the company suggests in lowering it over a 24hour period.) i dont want to go that route but its amazing on how well it works .it works on the principle of binding to the po4 molecules and christallizing them so that the skimmer can export them

Johnny Spesis

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a brick in my sump for over a month, still have high No3's, >20 ppm
I heard recently that these bricks leech out after a while, is this true.
BRS did a research test for Chaeto, with different lights, to see if the algae made a difference, the results were amazing. The most expensive lights grew the algae quicker, but regular bulbs, energy savers, also did the same job with No3's, but the Chaeto was denser, greener, but grew at a slower rate. I can't get Chaeto to grow, I run the light 24/7

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i have not heard about them leaching out and i also believe that you are not giving your chaeto a rest period i think it does better if you run your lights for no more than 12 to 15 hours i could be wrong so if anyone has better experience in growing it your input will be useful

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
hey vio when are you going to share some pics of your wd

Not sure, if ,you are familiar with "Acropora abrotanoides" i read some treads on dif. forums, most of ppl. got hard time to grow, i like challenge , i decide to post in this forum, i would like to buy, finally i got one mini colony from POTO ( member here , Thanks him, i will see him tomorrow) i split in 4 frags, dif. PAR light, dif. water flow,dif. location , to make sure, i will keep one, so far , all doing good, got dark green, extend polyps, looks better every week. I got some pics. how "may" end up.:teeth:

Enjoy.

Attachments

• A_abrotanoides2.jpg
    A_abrotanoides2.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 286
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 269
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 266
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 264
  • images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 261
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 266
  • images (7).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 262
  • images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 270
  • images (9).jpg
    images (9).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 279
  • WSI-A_abrotanoides.jpg
    WSI-A_abrotanoides.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 286

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
well i finally got it down to .05 but i noticed that the bio brick is slowly getting eroded i think that they are a waste of money it started to go down after i made an algae scrubber i am going to get some chaeto by next week and see what happens i will keep you posted

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sal, I spoke to the people at brightwell at RAP. I mention that they were complaints that the blocks were falling apart. They told me they was an ingredient that was missing that kept them hard. I don't know how many got out. But if you call them and tell them you got one from bad bash. The way I took it they will replace it. My still holding up good been in my sump since March of this year.....

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Sal, I spoke to the people at brightwell at RAP. I mention that they were complaints that the blocks were falling apart. They told me they was an ingredient that was missing that kept them hard. I don't know how many got out. But if you call them and tell them you got one from bad bash. The way I took it they will replace it. My still holding up good been in my sump since March of this year.....

Pat as always you are the the man, i will call them today and see what happens

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
so i called brightwell today and told them about the problem with the bio brick braking down and they were very helpfull and they are sending out a new one today. now its a start again cycle geewiz we are definitely out of our minds

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
hey vio when are you going to share some pics of your wd

I just got one more from JF ( last show and nice Passion Flame), i am NOT proud to show you the old WD Frag (one year old) , i just cut 7 Frags, looks bit up now, but she (WD small colony , now) will be just fine.
Those (7) just cut today.
in middle is one blue stag.

Attachments

• IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: