tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
When my Phosphates are 0.01 the pellets are stable and my nitrate continue to stay very low. A couple of weeks ago the bio-pellets pump clogged up, affecting the tumble rate. My phos n trates slowly went up. during my weekly testing I picked up the change. I cleaned the input of the pump and voila the trates n phos dropped to Ultra Low Nutrient levels.

I dont use GFO or GAC. I have two side by side ATI BM 250's skimmers, and filter socks. Water changes every 10 days.
So do you use any kind of carbon with the bio pellets? So you just use the bio pellets and your 2 skimmer and nothing else with the pellets?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
So do you use any kind of carbon with the bio pellets? So you just use the bio pellets and your 2 skimmer and nothing else with the pellets?

i'll answer for doc harry....he's no longer on mr.
no he didn't use any carbon or anything else and he didn't need the 2 skimmers. after the initial increase in skimmate due to the initial bacterial bloom(???), the second skimmer wasn't really pulling anything.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Hey guys i started out my 60 cube and dont want to deal with alage. whats best biopellets or a phosban with rowaphos. I have softies and one monti and one sps. thats it. Two fish but will be adding around 3 more. thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: