201   2   0
RIP Torts :(

really F-ing blows!

DSCN0727.jpg

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
1 other thing to note. The FW's seem to be nocturnal. They eat the coral mostly at night and or eat from the underside of the coral.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
jhale said:
as long as you keep them out of your tank :yo:

that sucks about the torts, it looks like you lost almost half the tort forest :grumpy:

Jon thats an old pick of them. They were much bigger recently but I lost the entire colony. No more torts :(

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow, all of them, that really blows!

crap Rich you were the tort king :(

well I have some frags for you once your sure those aefw's are gone for good.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yeah right.

I do have a mini colony grown from a frag shaun gave me a while ago, it fell under some rocks a few weeks ago and browned out, when it colors up you can have that. I also can frag my one colony, which might have come from you originally. It's from that one frag I bought from Jim a long time ago.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Wow Rich, that just sucks! They were spectacular. I also have frags for you to replace anything you lost.

Once again, what goes around comes around, :D .

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
It's funny how some guys don't admit to having them......like there is some shame in catching some bad acro bug or something:tired:

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
can these bastards affect only one coral while all others are doing fine?

my big stylo has been slowly receding upwards and has died deeper inside its branches....all params are dead on I just dont know wahts casuing it, its PE is good otherwise

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
DRZL said:
can these bastards affect only one coral while all others are doing fine?

my big stylo has been slowly receding upwards and has died deeper inside its branches....all params are dead on I just dont know wahts casuing it, its PE is good otherwise
It could be. Pull the coral out of the tank and inspect it closely with a flashlight. Any discoloration on the coral prod it with something and see if it moves. Look for eggs on the dead parts of the coral.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
You could also high dose the coral with flatworm exit outside of the tank. The flatworms will definately start to move from the treatment, i.e. jump ship!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Andres I am told that stylos cannot host AEFW because of some sort of stinging cells. FWIW my stylo was unaffected by flatworms while many other corals were.
IMO/IME stylos need to be fed. I target feed mine with CE and the results are great. In my old 65gal I lost a stylo colony because it was not fed.

To be sure, get your hands on Tropic Marin pro cure and dip any coral with symptoms.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks Solbby,
it almost sounds like something ud fo a sci-fi flick

Rich,
Thats what I thought I heard, about not being able to touch stylo's and such, I'll try feeding it tmrw. I actually did put a dash of cyclo after u left my house that day to "dirty" things up a little.:D

My torts have been responding strangely as well, I thought it was them not being able to take the flow, but Im starting to doubt that:(

ohh what the hell i'll feed it now, do you spot feed or throw it in?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I shut down the flow and hold a pinch of CE above the coral, allowing it to fall into the polyps. You actually see the stylo consume the CE.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: