Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Me personally, I would be afraid the paint would one day chip somewhere, from use or a rock scraping the side and the wood would slowly rot/leak.

Besides that, do you have any growth of chaeto or any macro algae from the fuge lights?

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
tank

Me personally, I would be afraid the paint would one day chip somewhere, from use or a rock scraping the side and the wood would slowly rot/leak.

Besides that, do you have any growth of chaeto or any macro algae from the fuge lights?

While building the tank this (what if) is the biggest fear I had in my mind, so to protect the tank from these known issues (rock falling or hitting sides or base with large piece of rock) so to protect the tank on the bottom below the sand bed I have large 18"x 18" ceramic tiles and then rock is sitting on the tiles and then sand was added and pillars are cemented together and no piece of rock is fee standing. All pieces are cemented together and for the sides I have 5 thick coats of rubberize and then three layers of Kevlar fiber glass soaked with rubberize paint and then few more coats over the kevlar...

light for fuge is working great and I got great results in growth of my mangroves and other marine plants when i use this light spectrum

Last edited:

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Hey guys it's been long time since put pictures of the tank that we put together. We had construction going on at my place and now that it is about to end I though of posting some of the updates and some pictures to keep you guys in the loop. I am very happy with the end results of the build that me and my friend started several months back. We had some glitches but we have over come those and now tank is running and I have my fishes in the tank. Sumps are fine, frag tank is awesome and set up is basically done and my carpenter have done amazing job with framing the tank in in the wall. Looks awesome and best part is I don't hear anything when I am in front of the tank not even if put my ear on the glass to hear water splash....Here are the pictures that I would love to share with you guys...

Attachments

• DSC_0291.jpg
    DSC_0291.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 695
  • DSC_0294.jpg
    DSC_0294.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 693
  • DSC_0296.jpg
    DSC_0296.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC_0297.jpg
    DSC_0297.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC_0299.jpg
    DSC_0299.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 674
C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
It's looks awesome. Did you build a frame for the tank? Is it only held together by screws?

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I just read the whole thread. Your rock and tile idea is great. I am going to steal that idea when i get back into larger tanks.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
What's on the plywood what's is it called this is really nice and looks like is not a bank breaker

Alex, i see in person , today the set up , is just , like u said , NOT a bank breaker, looks , just GREAT, to bad, he don't got even bigger, he is a "educate customer" , i will be more than happy to give some frags, i own u , Thank You , for drivers and board.
Nice job ravi197699.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: