• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The tank will be 96LX 36WX 30T 1 " acyrlic. the stand will be constructed of
LVL and 2" square steel tube (I'll post detialed plans later on).
all the filtration will be housed under the tank. the stand will have a removable wood skin.
I plan on 4 250W MH and 4 6' VHO actinics

My wife Eileen and I just spoke about placement and what she wants out of the family room. We have a 60" rear projection TV she wants a wet bar area with seating.
here is a prelininary room plan, I'll be building all the cabinetry for the wet bar and the stand, using cherry wood.

any input would be welcomed

Attachments

• File0001.jpg
    File0001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 385

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
jackson6745 said:
WOW Frank. This is going to be awesome! What did you decide on to skim this monster?
I'll start off with my G4 ASm modified to recirculate w/ sedra 9000
and I'm going to feed it with the sedra 5000

I'd like to make a skimmer 10" diameter 30" total run it recirculating with 2 sedra 9000 and feeding it with the sedra 5000

once the tank is up and running I dont plan on adding much more than I have in the 180.

I have alot of frags and small colonied of SPS, some LPS and some softies
I want to give them some room to grow and I'd like to add some small fish that school

tomorrow I'm going to start building the entertainent center for the TV so I can move the TV to new location. once I do that I can cut the rug tile around where the tank is.
I'm hoping to start building the stand mid week.

the wet bar will be last (since I have to move the 180)
michael stern said:
LOL. What sort of floor do you have? That was a real challange for my 420 since there is a basement underneath.
it's in my basement on a slab floor my basement is called an open air basement one side is below grade and the wall opposite the new tank location opens to my yard I have a 6' sliding patio door leading out to a hot tub

any skiers out there? I'm less than 4 miles to mountian creek. maybe I'll plan a ski day/ munchie hang out nite once the snow comes

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's a nice sized basement !

do you have plans of the whole thing?

I'd like to see the rest before I give you my ideas.

you can just sketch it out and give the measurements if you want.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: