• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Only with such a roomy basement can someone manage to build a system like that. Are you gonna have the tank build in the basement or you have a huge door to the basement for the tank to get in?

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
KuyaMark said:
hey frogman what kind of fish is that on your avitar?

nycmat said:
thats a regal angel fish they come from bali bad survival rate or red sea where there is better success in aquariums reported

it's a regal angel from the indian ocean. that picture is my angel in my reef tank.

they are a tough fish to keep so far I've been very fortunate my guy eats like a pig, and is starting to hold his own in the tank with the Asfur.
if you find one in LFS with a gray blue belly pass on him he's definitly indo and has a poor survival rate.

if it has a yellow orange beely he's either from red sea or the indian ocean your chances for surviva are better

Last edited:

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
pecan2phat said:
Nice project Frank!
Are you keeping the 180g?

Also didn't know that you work with acrylic! Hoping to see if you can build me a small frag tank when you find the time.

the 180 will be up for sale, tank stand canopy(less the VHO and MH ballastsand bulbs) sump, and circulation pump( Iwaki 40rlxt)

what size frag tank are you looking for I will have extra acyrlic when I build the new sump and tank LMK

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Frank,
Can you give me the stand height, canopy height and total height of the 180g? For the frag tank, I was looking for something in the 24"-W, 24"-D, 20"-H area with a internal overflow glued in. Exact size is not critical, just somewhere in that range with whatever acrylic pieces you might have left over. I was more concerned with someone being able to put it together for me with an overflow in place.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
update: the basement is rearranged, I built the entertianment center to go around my TV. I ordered Laminated veneer lumber to build the stand. I'm hoping to pick it up today. I ordered 3 - 16' 1.75" X 14" Lams.
I'll rip them down to full 6" pieces. it's going to have 3 openings in the front and the sump and reactors will be accessble from the sides also.
the back will be identical to the front.

I was considering building a skin that was removable out of cherry.
I'm now toying with idea of using cultured stone to veneer the supports of the stand and setting in a cherry wood frame for the doors.
with the sump being accessible form the sides I'm not so concerned about access from the front being an issue

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: