ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
It's so easy, did it last night.. Google bubble Magnus dosing instructions.. It will be well explained on many forums..
I copy n pasted instructions to my main Mac. If you can't find it shoot me your email and I will email it to u

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Bamm its super easy, here..

Hit cancel to get into menu, scroll through the options to get a feel, there's only 3.

Manual options, setup clock, setup program

First set clock

Then go into manual and check to make sure each is working. You can select 1-3 (it shows the options for many more since its upgradable) you can test each by pressing "enter". Once you program your doser, you can use "manual" to get the 2 part ready for dosing by manually running it to get the fluids ready and too remove all the airbubbles.

Then click to setup program

Choose which pump 1-3

Simply input total amount to dose, then click enter, then choose how many times u want the total amount broken down into. Then what time you want this to begin Then save.

Pump one can be started at any hour on the hour, 2 will be 5 minutes later if you choose the same hour, and 3 will be 10 minutes on the hour as well.

Ie

Pump 1
P1 : 75 ml
Cycle/day
P1 / 3

This will dose a total of 75 ml broken down 3 times at 25 ml each dose.

Make sure you test for accuracy!

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
it wont help your setup but for what its worth im dosing 10ml cal/alk ESV B-Ionic a day for my tank with a good amount of SPS frags total water volume around 40gallons.

im considering the marine magic ebay doser if I cant find a used bubble magus, bad idea?

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
going to bring back a thread and see if I can get some help.

Im using a brand new BM doser. I have been doing a water test on it but for the past 3 days I cant get it to dose the correct amount. Im dosing 10ml of each cal and alk a day and had it set up at 9am broken down to 3 run cycles. it came up a little over 7.5ml

what am I missing?

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That's my last resort. I want to make sure 100% that it needs compensation first and it's not error on my end. I dropped the amount of cycles to 2 thinking maybe 10ml a day is on the low side and less cycles would give me better accuracy.

No one had this issue? I spent 300 to Not deal with this lol

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I think overall you need to forget about the exact amount being dosed. The reason i say this is because a few things can affect the amount coming out...not enough air getting into your container, head pressure (yes still an issue with peristaltic pumps), pump wear.

The important factors are your actual levels in your tank, and that each pump is putting out an even amount of chemical. Just because your "scale" may be off, you can use the 10ml coming out as your baseline, but your end-goal is going to be adjusting your dose so that your levels will be where you want them.

I would focus on the end result and not just on a 10ml test, and that your 2-part is dosing evenly.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I think overall you need to forget about the exact amount being dosed. The reason i say this is because a few things can affect the amount coming out...not enough air getting into your container, head pressure (yes still an issue with peristaltic pumps), pump wear.

The important factors are your actual levels in your tank, and that each pump is putting out an even amount of chemical. Just because your "scale" may be off, you can use the 10ml coming out as your baseline, but your end-goal is going to be adjusting your dose so that your levels will be where you want them.

I would focus on the end result and not just on a 10ml test, and that your 2-part is dosing evenly.

I think the concern is that the amount is fluctuating but I doubt that's the case. I'm nervous now and testing the amount mine is dosing. I tested it when I got it 5ml one time and pump three was off. But pump 1 and 2 was dead on.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Does anyone know if BM when you break up the dosing to 2, 3 or more. How do they break it up? If I set it at 10 pm. When is the second or third dosing? Is the second dose at 11pm or do they divide evenly throughout the day like 10pm then 10 am 24/2=12hrs? 24/3=8 10pm then 6am then 2pm ?

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Does anyone know if BM when you break up the dosing to 2, 3 or more. How do they break it up? If I set it at 10 pm. When is the second or third dosing? Is the second dose at 11pm or do they divide evenly throughout the day like 10pm then 10 am 24/2=12hrs? 24/3=8 10pm then 6am then 2pm ?

They divide evenly throughout the day. Pump 1 10pm, Pump 2 10:05pm and Pump 3 at 10:10pm or you can offset them so they are not dosing 5 mins of each other. If you do a 12 cycle it will dose every 2 hours each day. Hope it answered your question.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
They divide evenly throughout the day. Pump 1 10pm, Pump 2 10:05pm and Pump 3 at 10:10pm or you can offset them so they are not dosing 5 mins of each other. If you do a 12 cycle it will dose every 2 hours each day. Hope it answered your question.

i was afraid of that. i was hoping it would dose consecutive hours for the amount of times requested. 3 would be 10pm,11pm, 12am. not 10pm, 6am, 2pm.

i have to change my dosing schedule then.

thanks

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
i like my bubble magus, never had any problems with it. Just change the hoeses every 4-6 months thats about all. the price is right also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: