• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm beginning to think you have a screwed up version of IE :P Since you're using IE, you probably have IE 7.

Oh, is your Vista the 64 bit version? If so, it comes with the standard 32 bit IE and a 64 bit as well. Some things might not work in the 64 bit version (but I doubt this is what's responsible).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing then I'm gonna stfu for a while.... can the "users browsing this forum" be moved back to the top? I'm lazy and hate having to scroll down to see...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":1xh9bvpp said:
I'm beginning to think you have a screwed up version of IE :P Since you're using IE, you probably have IE 7.

Oh, is your Vista the 64 bit version? If so, it comes with the standard 32 bit IE and a 64 bit as well. Some things might not work in the 64 bit version (but I doubt this is what's responsible).

I have a sneaky feeling it might be work's rather strict firewall messing with the way the new board works.

I have no idea what version of Vista we have either. :(

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
knowse":1cxwq098 said:
One more thing then I'm gonna stfu for a while.... can the "users browsing this forum" be moved back to the top? I'm lazy and hate having to scroll down to see...

I'll look into it. Keep suggestions coming :) We'll do what we can, but I don't promise everything can be done.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is on-line: no registered users and 2 guests. That can't possibly be correct.

ps....I also miss the "who started the thread" ..but can live without if you will only move the nice avatars to the left of the screen again. :D :D

Anyone else finding the main fonts and print size hard to read? I'm getting old , ya know.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind, I see that the person who started the thread's name is now under the title of the thread. I'm so confused.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedFishBlueFish":on5ybojz said:
Who is on-line: no registered users and 2 guests. That can't possibly be correct.

Anyone else finding the main fonts and print size hard to read? I'm getting old , ya know.

The who is online tracks the forum you're in, so right now you're in the announcements forum (since this announcement was posted there but shared globally in all forums). So yes, there's only a few people in this forum at this time. It was never a high traffic forum :)

As for font sizes, you'll love this: the new software allows you to change font sizes. Above the area where you see Logout [ your username ] (top right), you'll see an icon with the letter A and an up and down arrow flanking it. Click it if you want your font sizes bigger (there are three sizes ... the default size is the smallest)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":wkzow8pi said:
RedFishBlueFish":wkzow8pi said:

The who is online tracks the forum you're in, so right now you're in the announcements forum (since this announcement was posted there but shared globally in all forums). So yes, there's only a few people in this forum at this time. It was never a high traffic forum :)

As for font sizes, you'll love this: the new software allows you to change font sizes. Above the area where you see Logout [ your username ] (top right), you'll see an icon with the letter A and an up and down arrow flanking it. Click it if you want your font sizes bigger (there are three sizes ... the default size is the smallest)

Smooch...you're great!! It works!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":mrp0urk4 said:
RedFishBlueFish":mrp0urk4 said:

Oh... making to font bigger really makes it easier to read. RFBF isn't the only one who is getting old :oops: ...sigh.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawdawg":gv88po0s said:
Len":gv88po0s said:
RedFishBlueFish":gv88po0s said:

Oh... making to font bigger really makes it easier to read. RFBF isn't the only one who is getting old :oops: ...sigh.

It's hell getting old. The new screens just seem really cluttered. I'm hunting and pecking just to get back to the previous screen But in time we will get used to it, I suppose. I really fight change :roll:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":37ewgdir said:
The Escaped Ape":37ewgdir said:
Ooooh! I've just discovered something else I don't like and won't go down well in the Sump!

"You may embed only 3 quotes within each other"

I can change this. How many do you think is sufficient? I can set to infinite, but I really don't see the point of allowing this.

make it 4.

Seriously, people in the Sump need to get better at quoting. It's kind of like sending an emails back and forth and having the entirety of the last email still being attached, and the one they attached, and the one they attached, etc. You quote whats relevant to your reply and that's it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, now I'm checking to see whether my earlier problems are limited to my work computer.

It appears they are! I like this new color palette thingy. :D 8) :twisted: :lol: :P :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":2f31qpwo said:
PaintGuru":2f31qpwo said:
Plus you can see the percent posts in their most active forum (95% for me in the Sump), and their most active thread. I love statistics.
This only works for certain people I noticed, maybe those with less than 10k posts?

Just done a little investigating. It only works for those people with less than 5k posts.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"m starting to think this is a lot better than the old board. The text is somehow clearer, the layout more logical.

You still need to sort out the banner though. :P

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top banner is going to be fixed, as is the color and profile location. I think the latter two are the main, common complaints.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":st6yza0a said:
sfsuphysics":st6yza0a said:
PaintGuru":st6yza0a said:
Plus you can see the percent posts in their most active forum (95% for me in the Sump), and their most active thread. I love statistics.
This only works for certain people I noticed, maybe those with less than 10k posts?

Just done a little investigating. It only works for those people with less than 5k posts.

But you can see your own in your user control panel!

Ooooohhhhhhh font colors!!!YeaY!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
knowse":3lhfkvdb said:
The Escaped Ape":3lhfkvdb said:
sfsuphysics":3lhfkvdb said:
PaintGuru":3lhfkvdb said:

But you can see your own in your user control panel!

Ooooohhhhhhh font colors!!!YeaY!!!!!!

No you can't. You'll see what I mean when you reach 5k. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: