bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Nice! I would look into swapping out the plastic plants for all live when you get the chance. Makes a world of difference as they add to the ecosystem, visuals and don't require cleaning :)

Good show!

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Nah man, I had toads for the past 3 years in a vivarium and had completely live plants in the tank. Do some research on aquatic plants and you will be surprised!

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
African Cichlids will do a lot of digging. Also, most of them enjoy plant matter in their diest and will eat most plants you put in there. If you want some live plants, the best I have used in African tanks is pretty much any Anubius species or maybe some Java Fern. Most other plants wont last long in there.

The good thing about the Anubius is that it will root into rocks and driftwood. Just put it where you want it, tie some thread around it and let it go. Anubius are also lower light plants but they grow VERY slow.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Nah man, I had toads for the past 3 years in a vivarium and had completely live plants in the tank. Do some research on aquatic plants and you will be surprised!
What the hell does toads have to do with brackish water fish? It's a totally different scenario.

The tank is looking really good. I would not add any live plants they are a pain in the ass and the fish will eat them and they will look like crap. Also most plants do not do well w/ the high salinity.

As far as size all the species I mentiones stay small in the 4" range. I also forgot to mention leleupi those are cool too usually yellow or orange and stay in that 4" range as well.

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Trigger,i looked into the fish you mentioned and everyone including the fish store gave a thumbs up. they also look really cool as i've identified them all. i know the fronts get big but haaad to do it. i've wanted them for my other set-ups for years! i'll most likely use your list to round out the tank.

i've been curious how many do people tend to put in a 90 gal? i've heard many different numbers,overstocking to lower aggression,ect.

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
also i ahd plants with my sa/na cichlids and they tended to move or eat them and the tinfoil barbs made a meal of the largest and heartiest plants i got. but it was hit and miss with cichlids.

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
update:i have added 2 black calvus,birchardi,3peacocks, 3horseface loaches, upside down sydontis,clown loach from my home tank. will post video soon.

also: received a wet dry filter from cryptics,but i need a hob overflow for it. anyone has one laying arond by any chance??

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
trig,the calvus and birchardi .are the same ones i told you about a like two or more weeks ag. i just didn't post it here. the next week i added three,then 1,then three next week,then 1. all juvies

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: