• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Saltwater, As all the members know i have been in the hobby for close to 5 years now, I have given away 90% of corals that grow, and many pieces of equipment to newbies, advanced, and members in need nothing in return other then , just a handshake.
I can also say that this has happened many times to me in the past. I still give away coral but this time I have a red list, and I follow it to a T.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Saltwater, As all the members know i have been in the hobby for close to 5 years now, I have given away 90% of corals that grow, and many pieces of equipment to newbies, advanced, and members in need nothing in return other then , just a handshake.
I can also say that this has happened many times to me in the past. I still give away coral but this time I have a red list, and I follow it to a T.

Now this thread is serious !!! Richie I have 100% of your corals in my tank and also know that a ton of reefers on this forum have grown out stuff from your tank and pass it forward ! I have given 9 people gorgonia frags that originated from your generosity and so many more frags that you passed onto my reefs over the years , and that's how it's supposed to be done !! Take it , grow it, when it's bigger trim it , and pass it! Simple science .

Richie it sucks that it happened to you but you definitely had to expect it with all the corals and supply you have given out over the years ........ Sometimes the good guy gets a bit of mud in the eye , I too have begun a red list and will not hesitate to share it with my fellow good reefers.

Thanks rich

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Saltwater, I know it was a matter of time, you are right. But as a hobbyist we all strive to have many different types of coral in our tanks, Some we buy some we trade, some we receive for free. This is not a cheap hobby, that a can say for sure. Now the way I see things, if a member receives a gift or trades. I think it should be passed on. On the other hand if a member buys a coral and grows it, it should be in their judgement to either sell it or pass it on.
I know a lot of members will disagree with this. But this is my 2 cents.....

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Saltwater, I know it was a matter of time, you are right. But as a hobbyist we all strive to have many different types of coral in our tanks, Some we buy some we trade, some we receive for free. This is not a cheap hobby, that a can say for sure. Now the way I see things, if a member receives a gift or trades. I think it should be passed on. On the other hand if a member buys a coral and grows it, it should be in their judgement to either sell it or pass it on.
I know a lot of members will disagree with this. But this is my 2 cents.....

Yeah I know whatcha mean , but that's what I'm getting at in this tread , if you buy it than your entitled to eat if if you want , but never cut off a giving hand for 5 or 10 bucks! In this hobby it's always great to know people from different networks in life , hell I have built Ato boxes for reefers , welded , fragged , and I have serviced chillers at work for a select few , never asked in return cause life is good that way..... We always get what we deserve so I'm ok with that , but I can't profit from a fellow reefer , knowing you or not ! , but it can get into a gray area with this topic but I am appreciating everybody's respectful opinions.

Rating - 100%
576   0   0
Yeah I know whatcha mean , but that's what I'm getting at in this tread , if you buy it than your entitled to eat if if you want , but never cut off a giving hand for 5 or 10 bucks! In this hobby it's always great to know people from different networks in life , hell I have built Ato boxes for reefers , welded , fragged , and I have serviced chillers at work for a select few , never asked in return cause life is good that way..... We always get what we deserve so I'm ok with that , but I can't profit from a fellow reefer , knowing you or not ! , but it can get into a gray area with this topic but I am appreciating everybody's respectful opinions.

Amen to that buddy!!!

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yes please , anyone who has a list should keep the benefits to themselves , don't make it a slander thread by any means , it's not what we need , and we are adults .... But I can't speak for everybody I think I saw arnaldo 24 in the park on the swings so maybe not all adults lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: